The global adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market size reached US$ 6,730.9 Million in 2023 Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 11,934.1 Million by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.37% during 2024-2032. The augmenting demand for specialized adhesive materials for enhanced bonding while preserving the unique properties of IGUs, the development of various advanced glass technologies, and an increasing demand for infrastructure development and construction activities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 6,730.9 Million
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 11,934.1 Million
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Adhesives and sealants for insulated glass are a class of specialized materials that are used to bond and seal the components of insulated glass units (IGUs) to create an airtight unit. These adhesives and sealants possess properties such as high adhesive strength, elasticity to accommodate movements without cracking, low shrinkage during curing, chemical resistance to prevent degradation, and UV stability to resist radiation and discoloration. They work by forming a durable bond between the glass panes and the spacer, as well as providing a weatherproof seal. Adhesives provide strong bonding to keep the glass panes and spacers securely attached, while sealants offer flexibility to accommodate glass movements caused by temperature changes. The adhesive properties ensure that the glass remains securely in place, while the sealant prevents the ingress of moisture, air, and dust into the IGU. They are also weather-resistant, thermally insulating, and transparent or translucent, maintaining the aesthetics of the glass unit while providing resistance against weathering, UV radiation, moisture, and extreme temperatures.
Adhesives & Sealants for Insulated Glass Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the augmenting demand for specialized adhesive materials for facilitating enhanced bonding while preserving the unique properties of IGUs. This can be attributed to the development of various advanced glass technologies, such as self-cleaning glass, electrochromic glass, and smart glass. In line with this, rapid urbanization and population growth is leading to an increased demand for infrastructure development and construction activities, thereby fueling the market. Moreover, stringent energy efficiency standards and building codes adopted by government bodies and regulatory authorities in several countries focusing on promoting sustainable construction practices are propelling the product demand. Also, the rapid utilization of insulated glass systems to create a barrier against noise and enhance acoustic performance in buildings and vehicles is creating lucrative opportunities in the market. In addition to this, continual product innovations, such as adhesives and sealants with enhanced adhesion, better flexibility, UV resistance, and higher compatibility with numerous glass types and spacers, are creating a positive market outlook. The market is further driven by the escalating demand for environmentally friendly and sustainable adhesive and sealant solutions, such as variants with low VOC (volatile organic compound) content and recyclability. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include an enhanced focus on the structural integrity of building units, rising demand for aesthetic appeal in architecture, rapid expansion of the automotive industry, and considerable growth in renovation and retrofitting activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032 Our report has categorized the market based on resin type and end user.
Resin Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market based on the resin type. This includes polyisobutylene, polysulfide, polyurethane, silicone, acrylic, hot-melt, PVC, butyl, and epoxy. According to the report, polyisobutylene represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Building and Construction
- Automotive and Transportation
A detailed breakup and analysis of the adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes building and construction, automotive and transportation, and others. According to the report, building and construction accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for adhesives & sealants for insulated glass. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market included considerable rise in construction and renovation activities, growing sales of vehicles, inflating disposable income levels, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market. The detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include 3M Company, Adshead Ratcliffe & Co Ltd. (Carlisle Companies Incorporated), Bostik SA (Arkema S.A.), Dow Inc., H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Sika AG, Tremco CPG Inc. (RPM International Inc.), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Resin Type
- End User
|Resin Types Covered
||Polyisobutylene, Polysulfide, Polyurethane, Silicone, Acrylic, Hot-melt, PVC, Butyl, Epoxy
|End Users Covered
||Building and Construction, Automotive and Transportation, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, Adshead Ratcliffe & Co Ltd. (Carlisle Companies Incorporated), Bostik SA (Arkema S.A.), Dow Inc., H.B. Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Sika AG, Tremco CPG Inc. (RPM International Inc.), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the resin type?
- Which is the most attractive resin type in the adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global adhesives & sealants for insulated glass market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the adhesives & sealants for insulated glass industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.