The global air pollution control systems market size reached US$ 78.4 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 120.32 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.10% during 2023-2028. The implementation of stringent regulations to control air pollution and protect the environment, rapid industrialization, particularly in emerging economies, and considerable rise in public awareness regarding the health hazards of air pollution represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Air pollution control systems, also referred to as air pollution control devices or equipment, are essential technologies that are particularly designed to minimize or prevent the release of air pollutants into the atmosphere. These systems play an instrumental role in reducing the detrimental impacts of air pollution on human health and the environment by capturing, removing, and treating pollutants from various emission sources. To reduce or eliminate the emissions of pollutants, it uses various methods such as filtration, adsorption, absorption, electrostatic precipitation, scrubbing, catalytic conversion, thermal destruction, and monitoring mechanisms to ensure compliance with environmental regulations. Some of the most common pollutants that are targeted and addressed by these systems include particulate matter, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and volatile organic compounds. In addition to this, some variants of air pollution control systems incorporate advanced technologies to recover or reuse the air pollutants to reduce waste levels and promote sustainable development.
Air Pollution Control Systems Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the implementation of stringent regulations to control air pollution and protect the environment by government bodies of several countries. This can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of air pollution along with the rising number of air contaminants across the globe. In line with this, rapid industrialization, particularly in emerging economies is leading to increased industrial activities and power generation, which, in turn, is impelling the market. Moreover, considerable rise in public awareness regarding the health hazards of air pollution is propelling the demand for air pollution control systems. Also, continual advancements in air pollution control technologies such as innovative particulate control devices, flue gas desulfurization (FGD) systems, and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) systems are providing an impetus to the market. The market is further fueled by an enhanced focus on sustainable development, coupled with the uptake of corporate sustainability initiatives by multiple organizations. Apart from this, the paradigm shift towards renewable energy sources, such as wind and solar power, and promoting the usage of clean energy is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, rising sales of ICE vehicles, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global air pollution control systems market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and application.
Product Type Insights:
- Thermal Oxidizers
- Catalytic Converters
- Electrostatic Precipitators
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the air pollution control systems market based on the product type. This includes scrubbers, thermal oxidizers, catalytic converters, electrostatic precipitators, and others. According to the report, scrubbers represented the largest segment.
- Iron and Steel
- Power Generation
A detailed breakup and analysis of the air pollution control systems market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes chemical, iron and steel, power generation, cement, and others. According to the report, power generation accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for air pollution control systems. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific air pollution control systems market included the implementation of stringent air pollution regulations, rapid industrialization, rising sales of ICE vehicles, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global air pollution control systems market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc, Beltran Technologies Inc., Elex AG, FLSmidth & Co. A/S, John Wood Group PLC, KC Cottrell Co Ltd, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Monroe Environmental Corp., S.A. Hamon, Southern Environmental Inc., Thermax Ltd, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
|Product Types Covered
||Scrubbers, Thermal Oxidizers, Catalytic Converters, Electrostatic Precipitators, Others
||Chemical, Iron and Steel, Power Generation, Cement, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc, Beltran Technologies Inc., Elex AG, FLSmidth & Co. A/S, John Wood Group PLC, KC Cottrell Co Ltd, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Monroe Environmental Corp., S.A. Hamon, Southern Environmental Inc., Thermax Ltd, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global air pollution control systems market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global air pollution control systems market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global air pollution control systems market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive air pollution control systems market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the air pollution control systems market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the air pollution control systems market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global air pollution control systems market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global air pollution control systems market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the air pollution control systems market from 2017-2028
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global air pollution control systems market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the air pollution control systems industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.