The global API management market size reached US$ 5.3 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 40.7 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 25.47% during 2024-2032. The rising adoption of application programming interface (API) among businesses and organizations, increasing demand for API management in the banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI) industry, and integration of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 5.3 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 40.7 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Application programming interface (API) management is a process of controlling, distributing, and analyzing APIs that connect applications and data across organizations. It provides centralized control of the API program and allows users to manage its entire lifecycle in a secure and scalable environment. API management is widely used to design and deploy API, provide access control, record documentation, monetize access, ensure compliance, enforce security policies, and track usage, transaction logs, and other metrics. It enhances the visibility, flexibility, and functionality of APIs and allows organizations to make data-driven decisions, prevent security threats, and improve business agility. As a result, API management finds extensive applications across the banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), information technology (IT), telecommunication, entertainment, manufacturing, transportation, and healthcare industries.
API Management Market Trends:
The rising adoption of API among businesses and organizations to reduce costs, augment services, improve information sharing, increase customization, and enhance customer experience is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. API management is widely used to maintain system security, detect network vulnerabilities, reduce repetitive APIs, unify multiple applications and tools, and provide a data-driven approach through API analytics, which improves operational efficiency and allows businesses to respond swiftly to clients’ requirements. Furthermore, the increasing demand for API management in the BFSI industry to ease the integration and monetization of APIs, secure banking platforms, accelerate the development of new services, ensure efficient mobile banking, provide secured communication, and reduce overall expenditure is positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the integration of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) in API management to aid developers in creating better APIs, enhancing security, and scalability, minimizing cyberattacks, improving API business flow, and increasing efficiency, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, the widespread adoption of API management for the Internet of Things (IoT) systems to secure and control APIs that allow communication between the IoT devices, track usage, allow easy system updates, and ensure backward compatibility is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including emerging digitalization trends, the rapid proliferation of smartphones, increasing internet penetration, and rising adoption of API management in the telecommunication and healthcare industries, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global API management market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on component, deployment type, organization size, and industry vertical.
- API Platform
- API Analytics
- API Security
- Integration and Implementation
- Support and Maintenance
- Training and Education
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the API management market based on the component. This includes solution (API platform, API analytics, and API security) and services (integration and implementation, consulting, support and maintenance, and training and education). According to the report, solution represented the largest segment.
Deployment Type Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the API management market based on the deployment type has also been provided in the report. This includes cloud-based and on-premises. According to the report, on-premises accounted for the largest market share.
Organization Size Insights:
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
A detailed breakup and analysis of the API management market based on the organization size has also been provided in the report. This includes large enterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises. According to the report, large enterprises accounted for the largest market share.
Industry Vertical Insights:
- IT and Telecom
- Retail and Consumer Goods
- Travel and Transportation
- Media and Entertainment
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
A detailed breakup and analysis of the API management market based on the industry vertical has also been provided in the report. This includes BFSI, IT and telecom, retail and consumer goods, travel and transportation, government, media and entertainment, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, and others. According to the report, IT and telecom accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for API management. Some of the factors driving the North America API management market included rapid digitalization trends, increasing internet penetration, and significant technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global API management market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amazon Web Services Inc. (Amazon.com Inc.), Axway Software, Boomi L.P (Dell Technologies Inc.), Broadcom Inc., Cloud Software Group Inc., Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.), International Business Machines Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Salesforce Inc., SAP SE, Software AG, WSO2 LLC, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
API Management Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Deployment Type
- Organization Size
- Industry Vertical
- Solution: API Platform, API Analytics, API Security
- Services: Integration and Implementation, Consulting, Support and Maintenance, Training and Education
|Deployment Types Covered
|Organization Sizes Covered
||Large Enterprises, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
|Industry Verticals Covered
||BFSI, IT and Telecom, Retail and Consumer Goods, Travel and Transportation, Government, Media and Entertainment, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Others
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amazon Web Services Inc. (Amazon.com Inc.), Axway Software, Boomi L.P (Dell Technologies Inc.), Broadcom Inc., Cloud Software Group Inc., Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.), International Business Machines Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Salesforce Inc., SAP SE, Software AG, WSO2 LLC, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global API management market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global API management market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global API management market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive API management market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- Which is the most attractive component in the API management market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the deployment type?
- Which is the most attractive deployment type in the API management market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on organization size?
- Which is the most attractive organization size in the API management market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on industry vertical?
- Which is the most attractive industry vertical in the API management market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global API management market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global API management market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the API management market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global API management market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the API management industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.