The global border security system market size reached US$ 40.9 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 60.9 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.77% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
The border security system refers to various tools and equipment used for protecting and maintaining constant surveillance over the borders. It is used for scanning large areas, identifying targets in real-time and tracking and monitoring illegal immigrants, smugglers, terrorists, refugees or enemy forces. Some of the commonly used border security systems include air, coastal and ground radars, thermal cameras, lasers, perimeter intrusion detection systems, unmanned vehicles, command and control systems and radio frequency jammers. These systems are deployed by defense agencies and military forces for improved intelligence, civilian and personnel safety and security. They offer enhanced surveillance capacities, precise target location and real-time images of the targets to keep the borders secured.
The rising instances of territorial conflicts and geopolitical instability across the globe are among the key factors driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, the modernization of existing border security infrastructure is also driving the market growth. Defense and military forces are deploying advanced surveillance, patrol, ground attack and transport aircraft, marine vessels and unmanned vehicles. These systems aid in discreetly obtaining information from locations that are usually hard to access and establish communications with the reporting base. Various technological advancements, such as the integration with the Internet of Things (IoT), cloud computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) for improved surveillance capabilities are acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Rising defense budgets of developing countries, along with the increasing adoption of sea-based security systems to monitor maritime boundaries, are some of the other factors expected to create a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global border security system market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on platform and system type.
Breakup by Platform:
Breakup by System Type:
- Radar Systems
- Ground Surveillance Radar (GSR)Systems
- Air Surveillance Radar (ASR) Systems
- Coastal Surveillance Radar (CSR) Systems
- Laser Systems
- Camera Systems
- IR and Thermal Imaging Cameras
- Perimeter Intrusion Detection Systems/ Intelligent Fencing Systems
- Electric Fencing Systems
- Laser Fencing Systems
- Unmanned Vehicles
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV)
- Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV- Autonomous and Remotely Controlled)
- Wide-Band Wireless Communication Systems
- Command and Control (C2) Systems
- Display Systems (LED Displays or Projection-Based Displays)
- Video Distribution Systems
- Audio Systems
- Biometric Systems
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Airbus Group SE, BAE Systems PLC, Controp Precision Technologies Ltd. (Rafael Advanced Defense Systems), Elbit Systems, Flir Systems Inc., Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Moog Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Company, Saab AB, Safran Group and Thales SA.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Platform, System Type, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Airbus Group SE, BAE Systems PLC, Controp Precision Technologies Ltd. (Rafael Advanced Defense Systems), Elbit Systems, Flir Systems Inc., Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Moog Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Raytheon Company, Saab AB, Safran Group and Thales SA
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global border security system market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global border security system market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the platform?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the system type?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global border security system market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?