The global cannabis testing market size reached US$ 1,269 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2,619 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 13.00% during 2023-2028. The increasing awareness among the masses about the benefits of cannabis testing, rising number of advanced laboratories, and the growing utilization of laboratory information management system (LIMS) represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Cannabis, also known as marijuana, is obtained from the dried flowers, leaves, stems, and seeds of the Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica plant. It comprises three major compounds, such as Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), Cannabidiol (CBD), and cannabinol (CBN). It is widely used in hand-rolled cigarettes, water pipes, and cigars. It is also inhaled via vaporizers that pull the ingredients from the cannabis and collect their vapor in a storage unit to avoid smoking. It has psychoactive, non-intoxicating, and non-euphoric properties, which help reduce inflammation and pain. It also assists in treating various medical conditions, such as chronic pain, glaucoma, and poor appetite. Besides this, it aids in preventing nausea, migraine, seizures, and anxiety. At present, there is a rise in the demand for cannabis testing to examine the level of contaminants and impurities, such as residual solvents, mold, disease, pests, or pesticide residue, across the globe.
Cannabis Testing Market Trends:
The increasing need for cannabis testing due to the exposure of cannabis plants to heavy metals from the soil, fungus, molds, and pesticides currently represents one of the key factors supporting the market growth. In addition, various regulatory agencies are establishing maximum quantity limits on residual solvents, insecticides, microbes, and mycotoxins for testing plant samples around the world. In line with this, the growing number of advanced laboratories to conduct cannabis testing is presently offering a favorable market outlook. Besides this, the rising legalization of medical cannabis to treat various diseases is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. Moreover, the increasing awareness among the masses about the benefits of cannabis testing through conferences, symposia, and workshops is propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, there is a rise in the utilization of laboratory information management system (LIMS) in research laboratories to collect, track, and maintain data throughout the development, bioanalytical, and manufacturing processes. This, along with the increasing cultivation of cannabis around the world, is strengthening the growth of the market. Additionally, the growing employment of spectroscopy technology in cannabis testing, such as real-time analysis, high throughput, and minimal requirements for sample preparation, is positively influencing the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global cannabis testing market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, test type, and end user.
Product Type Insights:
- Chromatography Instruments
- Spectroscopy Instruments
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the cannabis testing market based on the product type. This includes instruments (chromatography instruments and spectroscopy instruments), consumables, and software. According to the report, instruments (chromatography instruments and spectroscopy instruments) represented the largest segment.
Test Type Insights:
- Heavy Metal Testing
- Microbial Analysis
- Potency Testing
- Residual Screening
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cannabis testing market based on test type has also been provided in the report. This includes heavy metal testing, microbial analysis, potency testing, residual screening, and others. According to the report, potency testing accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Cannabis Cultivators/Growers
- Cannabis Drug Manufacturers
A detailed breakup and analysis of the cannabis testing market based on end user has also been provided in the report. This includes cannabis cultivators/growers, cannabis drug manufacturers, and others. According to the report, cannabis cultivators/growers accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for cannabis testing. Some of factors driving the North America cannabis testing market included the growing number of cannabis testing laboratories, the rising awareness about medical cannabis, legalization of the cannabis, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global cannabis testing market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies include AB Sciex Pte. Ltd, Accelerated Technology Laboratories Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Digipath Inc., Merck KGaA (Sigma Aldrich), PerkinElmer Inc., Pharmlabs LLC, Sartorius AG, SC Laboratories Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, Steep Hill Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Water Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Types Covered
- Instruments:Chromatography Instruments,Spectroscopy Instruments
|Test Types Covered
||Heavy Metal Testing, Microbial Analysis, Potency Testing, Residual Screening, Others
|End Users Covered
||Cannabis Cultivators/Growers, Cannabis Drug Manufacturers, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AB Sciex Pte. Ltd, Accelerated Technology Laboratories Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Digipath Inc., Merck KGaA (Sigma Aldrich), PerkinElmer Inc., Pharmlabs LLC, Sartorius AG, SC Laboratories Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, Steep Hill Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Water Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global cannabis testing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global cannabis testing market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive cannabis testing markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the cannabis testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the test type?
- Which is the most attractive test type in the cannabis testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the cannabis testing market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global cannabis testing market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global cannabis testing market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the cannabis testing market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global cannabis testing market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the cannabis testing industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.