The global chestnut market size reached US$ 3.7 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 4.9 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.22% during 2024-2032. The increasing demand for organic and natural foods, the rising popularity as an essential ingredient in several cuisines and increasing awareness regarding the health benefits offered by chestnuts represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 3.7 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 4.9 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2024-2032)
Chestnuts are edible nuts derived from the chestnut tree, which belongs to the Castanea family. They are relatively large, ranging between 2 and 3 centimeters in diameter, with a stiff, spiky outer shell, and a sweet, starchy interior under a thin, papery skin that is covered in burrs. In comparison to other nuts, chestnuts are relatively low in fat and calories, making them an ideal choice for individuals who are trying to lose weight. Additionally, they are healthy sources of protein, making them an ideal meat substitute for vegetarians or vegans. In addition, chestnuts are rich in dietary fiber, complex carbohydrates, vitamin C, and several B vitamins that promote digestion and regulate blood sugar levels as well as energy metabolism. It is commonly consumed by roasting, boiling, or steaming chestnuts before eating them, and they are a versatile ingredient that is extensively utilized in a variety of dishes, such as soups, stews, stuffings, and desserts.
Chestnut Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing awareness regarding the numerous health benefits offered by chestnuts. This can be attributed to the rising trend of consuming organic and natural foods among the masses. In line with this, the emerging trend of veganism resulting in chestnuts being utilized as a meat alternative, which is also acting as a significant growth-inducing factor. In line with this, the rapid utilization of chestnut as an essential ingredient in various cuisines around the world is impacting the market positively. The growing demand for chestnuts in emerging markets resulting in a high volume of chestnut production and exports is propelling the growth of the market. The market is further fueled by the seasonality of chestnut, resulting in product premiumization and considerable rise in the product demand during the peak season. Apart from this, an enhanced focus on sustainability and environmental protection is leading to an increased chestnut cultivation, due to the trees playing an instrumental role in preventing soil erosion and promoting biodiversity. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, inflating disposable income levels, continual product innovations, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global chestnut market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on species type and distribution.
Species Type Insights:
- American Chestnut
- Chinese Chestnut
- European Chestnut
- Japanese Chestnut
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the chestnut market based on the species type. This includes American chestnut, Chinese chestnut, European chestnut, and Japanese chestnut. According to the report, Chinese chestnut represented the largest segment.
- Food and Beverage Industry
- Food Service
A detailed breakup and analysis of the chestnut market based on the distribution has also been provided in the report. This includes food and beverage industry, food service, retail, and others.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for chestnut. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific chestnut market included the growing vegan population, an enhanced focus on sustainable development, the rising popularity of organic and natural foods, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global chestnut market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Chengde Shenli Food Co. Ltd., Chestnut Growers Inc., Qinhuangdao Yanshan Chestnut Food Co. Ltd., Roland Foods LLC, Royal Nut Company, Shandong Maria Food Co. Ltd, Shandong Zhifeng Foodstuffs Co. Ltd, V. Besana Spa, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Species Type
|Species Types Covered
||American Chestnut, Chinese Chestnut, European Chestnut, Japanese Chestnut
||Food and Beverage Industry, Food Service, Retail, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Chengde Shenli Food Co. Ltd., Chestnut Growers Inc., Qinhuangdao Yanshan Chestnut Food Co. Ltd., Roland Foods LLC, Royal Nut Company, Shandong Maria Food Co. Ltd, Shandong Zhifeng Foodstuffs Co. Ltd, V. Besana Spa, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global chestnut market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global chestnut market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global chestnut market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive chestnut market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the species type?
- Which is the most attractive species type in the chestnut market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution?
- Which is the most attractive distribution in the chestnut market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global chestnut market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global chestnut market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the chestnut market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global chestnut market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the chestnut industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.