The global chlorinated paraffins market size reached US$ 1.99 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.81% during 2023-2028. The increasing construction activities, rising focus on driver and passenger safety, and the growing demand for vibrant fabrics represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Chlorinated Paraffins Market Size in 2022
||US$ 1.99 Billion
|Chlorinated Paraffins Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 2.6 Billion
|Chlorinated Paraffins Market Growth Rate 2023-2028
Chlorinated paraffins (CPs) refer to complex mixtures of polychlorinated n-alkanes produced by chlorinating straight chain paraffin fractions obtained from minerals or tallows. They are primarily inert, insoluble in water, and have an extremely low vapor pressure. They also have high thermal stability, good lubricating properties, excellent solubility, low volatility, and offer resistance to water, chemicals, and oxidation. They are used as a replacement of the primary plasticizers, including phthalates and phosphate esters. They are also utilized as lubricants in metal cutting, metal forming, and drilling operations.
Chlorinated Paraffins Market Trends:
CPs are employed in the construction industry in various materials, such as roofing membranes, flooring, and insulation to improve their fire resistance and flexibility. This, coupled with increasing construction activities in residential, commercial, and industrial areas, represents one of the major factors strengthening the growth of the market around the world. Moreover, there is a rise in the usage of CPs in coatings, paints, and adhesives. This, along with different initiatives undertaken by governing agencies of numerous countries to promote the use of eco-friendly construction materials and minimize carbon footprints, is favoring the market growth. In addition, CPs are employed in the manufacturing of automobile components, such as car seats, door panels, hoses, seals, gaskets, bumpers, and dashboards. This, in confluence with the escalating demand for luxury vehicles, rising focus on driver and passenger safety and comfort, and significant growth in the automotive industry, is influencing the market positively. Apart from this, CPs find applications in the textile industry to provide ultraviolet (UV) protection and enhance the color of the material. This, coupled with the increasing demand for high-quality and vibrant fabrics, is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the rising use of CPs in the production of electronic components, such as printed circuit boards (PCBs) and semiconductors, to reduce friction and wear during assembly and improve the performance of the equipment is bolstering the growth of the market. Besides this, key players are extensively investing in research and development (R&D) activities to launch safer and more sustainable alternatives of CPs, including halogen free flame retardants, phosphorous-based flame retardants, and biobased materials, for reducing the amount of chemicals released into the environment.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global chlorinated paraffins market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and application.
Product Type Insights:
- Medium Chain
- Short Chain
- Long Chain
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the chlorinated paraffins market based on the product type. This includes medium chain, short chain, and long chain. According to the report, medium chain represented the largest segment.
- Metal Working Fluids
- Lubricating Additives
A detailed breakup and analysis of the chlorinated paraffins market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes metal working fluids, lubricating additives, plastics, rubber, paints, and others. According to the report, metal working fluids represented the largest segment.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for chlorinated paraffins. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific chlorinated paraffins market included the growth of the manufacturing sector, increasing demand from end-use industries such as plastics and rubber, and the availability of cost-effective raw materials.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global chlorinated paraffins market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered Aditya Birla Chemicals (Thailand) Limited (Aditya Birla Group), Ajinomoto Fine-Techno Co. Inc. (Ajinomoto Co. Inc.), Altair Chimica S.p.A. (Esseco Group Srl), Caffaro Industrie SPA, Dover Chemical Corporation (ICC Industries Inc.), Flow Tech Group of Industries, INEOS Inovyn (INEOS Group Limited), JSC Kaustik (NikoChem Group), KH Chemicals BV (Ravago S.A.), KLJ Group, NCP Chlorchem (Pty) Ltd, Química Del Cinca Sl, Vantage Specialty Chemicals Inc. etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Types Covered
||Medium Chain, Short Chain, Long Chain
||Metal Working Fluids, Lubricating Additives, Plastics, Rubber, Paints, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aditya Birla Chemicals (Thailand) Limited (Aditya Birla Group), Ajinomoto Fine-Techno Co. Inc. (Ajinomoto Co. Inc.), Altair Chimica S.p.A. (Esseco Group Srl), Caffaro Industrie SPA, Dover Chemical Corporation (ICC Industries Inc.), Flow Tech Group of Industries, INEOS Inovyn (INEOS Group Limited), JSC Kaustik (NikoChem Group), KH Chemicals BV (Ravago S.A.), KLJ Group, NCP Chlorchem (Pty) Ltd, Química Del Cinca Sl, Vantage Specialty Chemicals Inc. etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global chlorinated paraffins market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global chlorinated paraffins market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global chlorinated paraffins market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive chlorinated paraffins markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the chlorinated paraffins market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the chlorinated paraffins market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global chlorinated paraffins market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global chlorinated paraffins market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the chlorinated paraffins market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global chlorinated paraffins market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the chlorinated paraffins industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.