The global countertop market size reached US$ 113.0 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 162.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.05% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for modular kitchen and decorative shelves for toiletries in bathrooms, increasing adoption of attractive and fancy materials, and rising number of smart city projects represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 113.0 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 162.3 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Countertop refers to a flat surface on top of waist-level cabinets used in kitchens, bathrooms, laboratories, and departmental stores. It is manufactured from various materials, such as granite, marble, slate, soapstone, concrete, plastic laminate, solid surface, engineered quartz, wood, and ceramic tile. It is widely available in different sizes, shapes, colors, textures, thicknesses, and designs to attract a large consumer base. It is durable, non-porous, easy to maintain and clean, heat-resistant, scratch-resistant, abrasion-resistant, and chemical-resistant while preventing staining. It assists in providing sustainability, maintaining hygiene, and reducing the risk of insects and moths. Besides this, it aids in decreasing bacteria and dirt, lowering the risk of diseases, and is highly repairable at low costs. It also minimizes the occurrence of pits and fissures and is beneficial in reducing imperfections. As a result, countertop is widely employed in the residential and commercial sectors around the world.
Countertop Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for modular kitchens and decorative shelves for toiletries in bathrooms, coupled with the burgeoning construction industry across the globe, represent one of the key factors strengthening the growth of the market. Additionally, the growing preference for high-quality materials, along with various technological advancements in countertops for improved safety and durability, is positively influencing the market. Besides this, there is a rise in the adoption of fancy and attractive countertops to enhance the appearance of space around the world. This, coupled with the increasing number of smart city projects, is bolstering the growth of the market. Apart from this, the rising trend of refurbishing and remodeling building construction and infrastructure, along with inflating income levels of individuals across the globe, is contributing to the growth of the market. Moreover, the growing utilization of countertops due to the rising number of food-serving outlets around the world is offering a positive market outlook. In addition to this, the increasing demand for countertops in luxury hotel rooms, as they have multiple shelves, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. Furthermore, the wide availability of prefabricated countertops, such as built-in appliances for relative application, is supporting the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global countertop market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on material, application, and end user.
- Solid Surface
- Engineered Quartz
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the countertop market based on the material. This includes granite, solid surface, engineered quartz, laminate, marble, and others. According to the report, granite represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the countertop market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes kitchen, bathroom, and others. According to the report, kitchen accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the countertop market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes residential and commercial. According to the report, residential accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others) was the largest market for countertop. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific countertop market included the growing demand for heat and chemical resistant countertops, increasing number of smart city projects, rising trend of refurbishing and remodeling infrastructure of buildings, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global countertop market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Aristech Surfaces LLC (Trinseo PLC), Asian Granito India Limited, Caesarstone Ltd, Cambria, Cosentino S.A. (Grupo Cosentino S.L.), Dal-Tile Group Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Pokarna Limited, STRASSER Steine GmbH, Vicostone, Wilsonart LLC, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Countertop Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment: ·
- End User
||Granite, Solid Surface, Engineered Quartz, Laminate, Marble, Others
||Kitchen, Bathroom, Others
|End Users Covered
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aristech Surfaces LLC (Trinseo PLC), Asian Granito India Limited, Caesarstone Ltd, Cambria, Cosentino S.A. (Grupo Cosentino S.L.), Dal-Tile Group Inc., DuPont de Nemours Inc., Pokarna Limited, STRASSER Steine GmbH, Vicostone, Wilsonart LLC, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global countertop market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global countertop market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global countertop market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive countertop market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- Which is the most attractive material in the countertop market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the countertop market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the countertop market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global countertop market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global countertop market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the countertop market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global countertop market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the countertop industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.