The global data center market size reached US$ 174.64 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 329.76 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 11.40% during 2023-2028. The increasing volume of digital data, growing demand for cloud computing network solutions, and the rising application of modern technologies, such as IoT, AI, ML, and edge computing, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A data center is a facility used to provide a secure and reliable environment for storage, processing, and managing large amounts of data and digital information. It is a centralized location for organizations to store and manage their IT infrastructure, such as servers, storage systems, networking equipment, and other hardware and software components. A data center is a large, complex infrastructure with redundant power and cooling systems to ensure the equipment remains operational even during power outages or other disruptions. In addition to this, it has sophisticated security measures in place to protect against physical and cyber threats. A data center is critical to the functioning of various modern businesses and organizations, particularly those that rely on digital data and applications. As a result, it is employed by a wide range of industries, including finance, healthcare, e-commerce, and media.
Data Center Market Trends:
Rapid digitalization, the exponentially growing volume of digital data generated by businesses and consumers, and the rising importance of e-commerce databases are prime factors driving the market growth. Besides this, the increasing adoption of cloud computing services and big data analytics that require significant data center infrastructure to support their operations is positively impacting the market growth. Moreover, the expanding application of the Internet of Things (IoT), which involves connecting a wide range of devices and sensors to the Internet, and the escalating need for edge computing is propelling the need for more distributed data center infrastructure. In line with this, the increasing adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) across various industrial verticals and the large-scale demand for low latency and high-performance computing are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. In addition to this, ongoing advancements, such as the advent of hyper-converged infrastructure and software-defined data centers and the employment of innovative technologies that allow efficient and flexible management of data center resources, are aiding in market expansion. Concurrent with this, the rising adoption of colocation services, where businesses rent space in data centers to house their own servers and equipment, is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the bolstering growth of video streaming services, the proliferation of smart consumer devices such as phones, tablets, and laptops, and the expansion of fifth-generation (5G) networks are creating a favorable outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global data center market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, type, enterprise size, and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the data center market based on the component. This includes solution and services. According to the report, solution represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the data center market based on the type has also been provided in the report. This includes colocation, hyperscale, edge, and others. According to the report, hyperscale accounted for the largest market share.
Enterprise Size Insights:
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium Enterprises
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the data center market based on the enterprise size. This includes large, and small and medium enterprises.
End User Insights:
- IT and Telecom
- Energy and Utilities
A detailed breakup and analysis of the data center market based on the end-user has also been provided in the report. This includes BFSI, IT and telecom, government, energy and utilities, and others. According to the report, BFSI accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for data centers. Some of the factors driving the North America data center market included the growing volume of digital data, the expanding adoption of cloud computing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and the internet of things, and the surging demand for video streaming services.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global data center market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amazon Web Services Inc. (Amazon.com Inc.), Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Inc. (Dell Technologies Inc.), Digital Realty Trust Inc., DXC Technology Company, Equinix Inc., Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.), Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, International Business Machines Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, NTT Communications Corporation (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation), Oracle Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Colocation, Hyperscale, Edge, Others
|Enterprise Sizes Covered
||Large Enterprises, Small and Medium Enterprises
|End Users Covered
||BFSI, IT and Telecom, Government, Energy and Utilities, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amazon Web Services Inc. (Amazon.com Inc.), Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Inc. (Dell Technologies Inc.), Digital Realty Trust Inc., DXC Technology Company, Equinix Inc., Google LLC (Alphabet Inc.), Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP, International Business Machines Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, NTT Communications Corporation (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation), Oracle Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global data center market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global data center market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global data center market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive data center market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- Which is the most attractive component in the data center market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the data center market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the enterprise size?
- Which is the most attractive enterprise size in the data center market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the data center market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global data center market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global data center market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the data center market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global data center market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the data center industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.