The global dermatological drugs market size reached US$ 21.58 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 39.11 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.25% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of skin disorders, the increasing demand for cosmeceuticals, and the growing awareness among individuals about skin health represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Dermatological drugs are medications that are used to treat various skin conditions, including acne, psoriasis, eczema, rosacea, skin cancer, fungal infections, and other disorders affecting the skin, hair, and nails. These drugs can be applied topically, orally, or by injection, depending on the type of skin condition being treated. Topical dermatological drugs, including creams, ointments, gels, and sprays, are directly applied to the skin. They are most commonly used to treat localized skin conditions, such as acne or eczema. On the other hand, systemic dermatological drugs are taken orally or by injection and work by targeting the underlying cause of a skin condition. These drugs are often used to treat severe or widespread skin conditions, such as psoriasis. These products have both cosmetic and pharmaceutical properties, and they are designed to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin. Moreover, dermatological drugs are prescribed by dermatologists or other healthcare professionals with expertise in skin health, which is escalating their demand across the globe.
Dermatological Drugs Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of skin disorders such as psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, and skin cancer. In addition, the rising geriatric population that is more susceptible to such ailments represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, individuals are widely adopting cosmeceuticals, which are cosmetic products with pharmaceutical properties to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin. This, coupled with the growing awareness among individuals about the importance of maintaining healthy skin, is positively influencing the market growth. Patients are now more aware of seeking treatment for skin conditions, leading to an increase in the overall demand for dermatological drugs. Moreover, various technological advancements in drug delivery systems, such as transdermal patches, nanotechnology, and microneedles, are driving the growth of the dermatological drugs market. These new drug delivery systems improve the efficacy of drugs and enhance patient compliance. Furthermore, the rising disposable incomes of consumers, the growing popularity of over the counter (OTC) drugs and the increasing awareness regarding the available treatment options are some of the other factors creating a favorable market outlook across the globe.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global dermatological drugs market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on dermatological diseases, route of administration, and distribution channel.
Dermatological Diseases Insights:
- Skin Cancer
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the dermatological drugs market based on the dermatological diseases. This includes acne, dermatitis, psoriasis, skin cancer, and others. According to the report, psoriasis represented the largest segment.
Route of Administration Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the dermatological drugs market based on the route of administration has also been provided in the report. This includes oral, parenteral, and topical. According to the report, parenteral accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the dermatological drugs market based on the distribution channel. This includes hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. According to the report, hospital pharmacies represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for dermatological drugs. Some of the factors driving the North America dermatological drugs market included the growing prevalence of skin conditions, the rising awareness regarding appearance, and the escalating demand for cosmeceuticals.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global dermatological drugs market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., Bausch Health Companies Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Eli Lilly and Company, GSK plc, LEO Pharma A/S (LEO Holding A/S), Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Dermatological Diseases Covered
||Acne, Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Skin Cancer, Others
|Route of Administrations Covered
||Oral, Parenteral, Topical
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., Bausch Health Companies Inc., Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Eli Lilly and Company, GSK plc, LEO Pharma A/S (LEO Holding A/S), Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi S.A., etc
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global dermatological drugs market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global dermatological drugs market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global dermatological drugs market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive dermatological drugs market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on dermatological diseases?
- Which is the most attractive dermatological disease in the dermatological drugs market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the route of administration?
- Which is the most attractive route of administration in the dermatological drugs market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the dermatological drugs market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global dermatological drugs market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global dermatological drugs market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the dermatological drugs market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global dermatological drugs market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the dermatological drugs industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.