The global digital scent market size reached US$ 1.11 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1.92 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.40% during 2023-2028. The significant growth in the healthcare industry, rising expenditure capacities of consumers, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Digital scent refers to the technology that helps to sense, receive and transmit odors through digital means using hardware components such as an e-nose and a scent synthesizer. The technology uses hardware devices and electronic components, such as gas sensors which help in sensing, simulating, replicating, and generating different types of smells. Digital scent uses chemical sensors to analyze the chemical composition of an odor and convert it into a digital signal that can be transmitted through the internet or other digital media. It is widely used to enhance the immersive experience, diagnose diseases, improve the flavor and aroma of products, and perform environmental monitoring, such as detecting gas leaks. As a result, digital scent finds extensive applications across the military and defense, healthcare, food and beverage (F&B), and waste management (environmental monitoring) industries.
Digital Scent Market Trends:
Significant growth in the healthcare industry across the globe is one of the key factors creating a positive outlook for the market. Digital scent technology is widely used to help doctors diagnose certain diseases based on the scent of a patient's breath or bodily fluids. Additionally, the widespread adoption of e-noses to monitor air quality and detect harmful gases and pollutants in the environment is favoring the market growth. In line with this, rising environmental consciousness among the masses due to the increasing emission of organic and inorganic pollutants into the air, land, and water, posing serious health risks to people, plants, and animals, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) in digital scent to detect more precise and accurate detection of specific odors and create custom scent profiles based on individual preferences or specific use cases is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the launch of an artificial scent system that reliably assesses the freshness of meat by mimicking the mammalian nose that consists of a 'barcode' that changes color over time in response to the gasses released by meat, is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing application of digital scents in the F&B industry to enhance the flavor and aroma of products and monitor and maintain the quality of food products is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Other factors, inducing rising expenditure capacities of consumers, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, the widespread adoption to detect explosive materials and chemicals, miniaturization of e-noses, and rapid technological advancements, are supporting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global digital scent market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and end use industry.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the digital scent market based on the type. This includes scent synthesizer and E-nose. According to the report, E-nose represented the largest segment.
End Use Industry Insights:
- Military and Defense
- Food and Beverage
- Waste Management (Environmental Monitoring)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the digital scent market based on the end use industry has also been provided in the report. This includes military and defense, healthcare, food and beverage, waste management (environmental monitoring), and others. According to the report, healthcare accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for digital scent. Some of the factors driving the North America digital scent market included extensive research and development (R&D) activities, the widespread adoption to detect explosive materials and chemicals, and rapid technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global digital scent market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include AIRSENSE Analytics GmbH, Alpha MOS, Aryballe Technologies SA, Comon Invent B.V., Electronic Sensor Technology Inc., EnviroSuite Limited, Plasmion GmbH, Sensigent LLC, The eNose Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Scent Synthesizer, E-Nose
|End Use Industries Covered
||Military and Defense, Healthcare, Food and Beverage, Waste Management (Environmental Monitoring), Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AIRSENSE Analytics GmbH, Alpha MOS, Aryballe Technologies SA, Comon Invent B.V., Electronic Sensor Technology Inc., EnviroSuite Limited, Plasmion GmbH, Sensigent LLC, The eNose Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global digital scent market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global digital scent market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global digital scent market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive digital scent market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the digital scent market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use industry?
- Which is the most attractive end use industry in the digital scent market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global digital scent market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global digital scent market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the digital scent market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global digital scent market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the digital scent industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.