The Europe home healthcare market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% during 2023-2028. The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, numerous advancements in medical technology and telehealth solutions, and favorable government initiatives supporting home-based medical services across Europe represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Home healthcare refers to a range of medical, therapeutic, and support services provided to individuals within the comfort and familiarity of their own homes. It aims to facilitate the management of health conditions, promote recovery, and enhance the quality of life for patients who may have medical needs but prefer to remain in their home environment. Home healthcare services encompass a broad spectrum of care, including skilled nursing, medical monitoring, medication administration, wound care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Additionally, home healthcare providers help with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, meal preparation, and companionship for those requiring non-medical support. It also provides several advantages, including personalized care plans tailored to the individual's needs, reduced hospitalization rates, and minimal exposure to healthcare-associated infections. Besides this, it fosters greater independence and a sense of comfort for patients who wish to maintain their routines and stay connected to their communities. This model of healthcare is particularly beneficial for the elderly, individuals with chronic illnesses, post-surgery patients, and those with mobility limitations. It alleviates the burden on healthcare facilities and provides a holistic approach to wellness by addressing both medical and emotional needs. At present, home healthcare is gaining immense traction across Europe as it plays a vital role in ensuring accessible and patient-centric care that promotes well-being within the comfort of one's own home.
Europe Home Healthcare Market Trends:
The escalating demand for home healthcare services due to the growing number of elderly individuals who often require long-term care and chronic disease management represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Apart from this, several favorable initiatives and policies by European government aimed at reducing healthcare costs, hospital readmissions, and promoting aging in place are positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, numerous technological advancements, including the introduction of telehealth solutions and remote monitoring devices, enable efficient healthcare delivery at patients' homes while enhancing accessibility and convenience, thus propelling the market growth. Additionally, the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has accelerated the adoption of home healthcare options as individuals seek to minimize exposure to healthcare facilities. Home healthcare offers a cost-effective alternative to traditional hospital-based care while maintaining a patient's comfort and independence. Besides this, the increasing reliance on home healthcare services to bridge the gap in medical care accessibility due to the rising shortage of healthcare professionals, especially in rural areas, is another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the heightening awareness about the benefits of home-based care, such as providing individuals with tailored and comprehensive care solutions in their familiar living environment, is contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including the rising consumer preference for patient-centric care models, increasing government efforts to develop the healthcare system, and numerous advancements in remote monitoring technologies, are also anticipated to drive the market further.
Europe Home Healthcare Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe home healthcare market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, service, and indication.
- Therapeutic Products
- Testing, Screening and Monitoring Products
- Mobility Care Products
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product. This includes therapeutic; testing, screening and monitoring; and mobility care products.
- Skilled Nursing
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Unskilled Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Infusion Therapy
- Pregnancy Care
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the service has also been provided in the report. This includes skilled nursing, rehabilitation therapy, hospice and palliative care, unskilled care, respiratory therapy, infusion therapy, and pregnancy care.
- Respiratory Diseases
- Movement Disorders
- Cardiovascular Diseases and Hypertension
- Wound Care
- Hearing Disorders
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the indication has also been provided in the report. This includes cancer, respiratory diseases, movement disorders, cardiovascular diseases and hypertension, pregnancy, wound care, diabetes, hearing disorders, and others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Home Healthcare Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Therapeutic Products, Testing, Screening and Monitoring Products, Mobility Care Products
||Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Therapy, Hospice and Palliative Care, Unskilled Care, Respiratory Therapy, Infusion Therapy, Pregnancy Care
||Cancer, Respiratory Diseases, Movement Disorders, Cardiovascular Diseases and Hypertension, Pregnancy, Wound Care, Diabetes, Hearing Disorders, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe home healthcare market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe home healthcare market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe home healthcare market on the basis of the product?
- What is the breakup of the Europe home healthcare market on the basis of the service?
- What is the breakup of the Europe home healthcare market on the basis of the indication?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe home healthcare market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe home healthcare market?
- What is the structure of the Europe home healthcare market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe home healthcare market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe home healthcare market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe home healthcare market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe home healthcare industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.