The Europe probiotics market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.14% during 2023-2028. The growing awareness among consumers about the importance of gut health, the rising prevalence of digestive disorders, easy product availability across e-commerce platforms and enhanced focus on research and development (R&D) activities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Probiotics are live microorganisms that offer numerous health benefits when consumed in adequate amounts. They are often referred to as "good" bacteria as they help maintain a healthy balance in the gut microbiome. Probiotics can be found in certain foods, such as kimchi, yogurt, kefir, and sauerkraut or taken as dietary supplements. They are commonly available in various forms, such as capsules, tablets, and powders. Probiotics also offer several advantages that include boosting the immune system, improving digestion, reducing the risk of certain infections, and alleviating symptoms of certain digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome. Additionally, probiotics have been studied for their potential to improve mental health, skin conditions, and overall well-being.
Europe Probiotics Market Trends:
The Europe probiotics market is primarily driven by the growing awareness among consumers about the importance of gut health. Probiotics improve digestion, boost the immune system, and promote overall well-being. Moreover, the widespread product adoption due to the rising prevalence of digestive disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and lactose intolerance, is contributing to the market growth. In line with this, the increasing trend toward functional foods and beverages (F&B) that offer health benefits beyond basic nutrition has facilitated the incorporation of probiotics into various products, which is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the rising preference for natural and organic products, such as probiotic-rich foods and beverages, as they are associated with natural fermentation processes and minimal processing and are perceived as healthier and more sustainable options compared to synthetic supplements, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization in functional F&B, such as yogurt, kefir, and kombucha, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the increasing use of probiotics in animal feed to improve digestion, enhance nutrient absorption, and reduce the need for antibiotics is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, the easy product availability across e-commerce platforms that offers consumers access to a wide range of probiotic products and provides convenience and a larger selection of brands and formulations is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Other factors, including an enhanced focus on research and development (R&D) activities, rising expenditure capacities of consumers, growing geriatric population, and increasing prevalence of age-related health issues such as weakened immune systems and digestive problems and the development of new strains and formulations that target specific health conditions, are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market.
Europe Probiotics Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe probiotics market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on ingredient, distribution channel, application, and form.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the ingredient. This includes bacteria and yeast.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, pharmacies/drugstores, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- Food and Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application. This includes food and beverages, dietary supplements, and animal feed.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the form. This includes dry and liquid.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe probiotics Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Pharmacies/Drugstores, Specialty Stores, Online Stores, Others
||Food and Beverages, Dietary Supplements, Animal Feed
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe probiotics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe probiotics market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe probiotics market on the basis of ingredient?
- What is the breakup of the Europe probiotics market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the Europe probiotics market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the Europe probiotics market on the basis of form?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe probiotics market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe probiotics market?
- What is the structure of the Europe probiotics market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe probiotics market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe probiotics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe probiotics market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe probiotics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.