The Europe smart cities market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 15.50% during 2023-2028. The growing infrastructure strain, increasing smart technology investment, rising focus on environment sustainability, widespread demand for improved urban mobility and the growing public-private partnerships represents some of the key factors driving the market.
Smart cities are urban areas that harness advanced technologies and data-driven solutions to enhance the quality of life for residents and optimize the efficiency of various urban systems. These cities integrate digital infrastructure, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and real-time data analytics to create a seamlessly connected ecosystem. They provide optimized resource management (energy, water, transportation), reduced pollution, and enhanced public safety through real-time monitoring and predictive analytics. Smart cities also offer improved citizen services like smart healthcare and education, efficient waste management, and responsive urban planning. They employ interconnected sensor networks for smart traffic management, automated public transportation, and adaptive energy distribution, contributing to reduced congestion and carbon footprint.
Europe Smart Cities Market Trends:
The increasing urbanization and the rising need for smart solutions to manage resources efficiently, are major factors contributing to the market growth. Additionally, the growing investment in smart solutions, such as intelligent traffic management systems, efficient waste disposal networks, and energy-efficient buildings to optimize resource allocation and improve overall quality of life is providing a thrust to the market growth. Moreover, the widespread adoption of smart technologies, such as energy-efficient lighting, and renewable energy systems due to the rising focus on environmental sustainability is positively impacting the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing demand for improved urban mobility owing to the rising congestion levels and the need for efficient transportation is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Smart cities integrate real-time data on traffic patterns, public transport, and parking availability to enhance mobility options, reduce congestion, and provide seamless travel experiences for residents and visitors, which in turn is favoring the market growth. In addition to this, the growing private and public partnerships as governments and businesses collaborate to foster innovation and co-create smart solutions that address urban challenges is creating a positive outlook for the market growth. In line with this, the increasing interconnectedness between the region's robust digital infrastructure and high internet penetration rates enabling real-time data collection, analysis, and feedback and facilitating informed decision-making and efficient urban management are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Europe Smart Cities Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Europe smart cities market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels for 2017-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on focus area, smart transportation, smart buildings, smart utilities, and smart citizen services.
Focus Area Insights:
- Smart Transportation
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Utilities
- Smart Citizen Services
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the focus area. This includes smart transportation, smart buildings, smart utilities, and smart citizen services.
Smart Transportation Insights:
- Smart Ticketing
- Traffic Management System
- Passenger Information Management System
- Freight Information System
- Connected Vehicles
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on smart transportation has also been provided in the report. This includes smart ticketing, traffic management system, passenger information management system, freight information system, connected vehicles and others.
Smart Buildings Insights:
- Building Energy Optimization
- Emergency Management System
- Parking Management System
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on smart buildings has also been provided in the report. This includes building energy optimization, emergency management system, parking management system, and others.
Smart Utilities Insights:
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- Distribution Management System
- Substation Automation
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on smart utilities has also been provided in the report. This includes advanced metering infrastructure, distribution management system, substation automation and others.
Smart Citizen Services Insights:
- Smart Education
- Smart Healthcare
- Smart Public Safety
- Smart Street Lighting
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on smart citizen services has also been provided in the report. This includes smart education, smart healthcare, smart public safety, smart street lighting and others.
- United Kingdom
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Europe Smart Cities Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Focus Area
- Smart Transportation
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Utilities
- Smart Citizen Services
|Focus Areas Covered
||Smart Transportation, Smart Buildings, Smart Utilities, Smart Citizen Services
|Smart Transportations Covered
||Smart Ticketing, Traffic Management System, Passenger Information Management System, Freight Information System, Connected Vehicles, Others
|Smart Buildings Covered
||Building Energy Optimization, Emergency Management System, Parking Management System, Others
|Smart Utilities Covered
||Advanced Metering Infrastructure, Distribution Management System, Substation Automation, Others
|Smart Citizen Services Covered
||Smart Education, Smart Healthcare, Smart Public Safety, Smart Street Lighting, Others
||Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Europe smart cities market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Europe smart cities market?
- What is the breakup of the Europe smart cities market on the basis of focus area?
- What is the breakup of the Europe smart cities market on the basis of smart transportation?
- What is the breakup of the Europe smart cities market on the basis of smart buildings?
- What is the breakup of the Europe smart cities market on the basis of smart utilities?
- What is the breakup of the Europe smart cities market on the basis of smart citizen services?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Europe smart cities market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Europe smart cities market?
- What is the structure of the Europe smart cities market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Europe smart cities market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Europe smart cities market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Europe smart cities market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Europe smart cities industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.