The global fixed satellite services (FSS) market reached a value of US$ 20.9 Billion in 2019. Fixed satellite services, also known as FSS, are radiocommunication services used between different earth stations. These satellite services use the VSAT technology for sending and receiving telephone calls and television signals for broadcasting. They offer low power output and have large dish-style antennas for better service reception. As FSS systems provide services to numerous users simultaneously, they are placed strategically for covering a vast area to allow users to communicate while traveling, without losing signals. As a result, governments, military organizations, as well as small and large business firms across the globe, use these systems. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to exhibit a moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On account of inflating income levels and rising sales of smartphones, high-speed internet has become one of the necessities for communication. As a result, the demand for broadband has increased significantly in recent years which, in turn, is impelling the growth of the global fixed satellite services market.
- Owing to a rise in the adoption of HDTV channels and emerging DTH TV platforms, there has been an escalation in the overall demand for fixed satellite services across the globe.
- Increasing expenditure on military satellite communication; telecom backhaul, content and broadcast delivery; and enterprise and broadband connectivity is anticipated to drive the demand for fixed satellite services during the forecast period.
- There has been a rise in the demand for high-throughput connectivity and corporate enterprise networks in the oil and gas industry. This has provided several growth opportunities to the major players operating in the global FSS market
- Historical, Current and Future Market Trends
- Market Breakup by Service:
- TV Channel Broadcast
- Telecom Backhaul
- Broadband Services
- Content and Video Distribution
- Military Satellite Communication
- Market Breakup by Organization Size:
- Small Offices and Home Offices (SOHO)
- Small and Medium Businesses (SMB)
- Large Enterprises
- Market Breakup by End-user:
- Media and Entertainment
- IT and Communications
- Oil and Gas
- Aerospace and Defense
- Market Breakup by Region:
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Embratel Star One, Eutelsat Communications, Telesat Holdings, SKY Perfect JSAT Holdings, Thaicom Public Company Ltd, Nigerian Communications Satellites Ltd, Telenor Satellite Broadcasting, Singapore Telecommunications Ltd (Singtel), SES S.A, Arabsat, Hispasat, Intelsat S.A, etc.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global fixed satellite services market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global fixed satellite services industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the services?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the organization size?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global fixed satellite services industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global fixed satellite services industry?
- What is the structure of the global fixed satellite services industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global fixed satellite services industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global fixed satellite services industry?