The global food glazing agents market size reached US$ 4.21 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.51 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.20% during 2023-2028. The increasing demand for convenience foods, rising expenditure capacities of consumers, and growing focus on improving shelf life and aesthetic appearance of food products represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 4.21 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 6.51 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Food glazing agents are substances used to coat food products to enhance their appearance, texture, and shelf life and provide a shiny appearance. Stearic acid, beeswax, carnauba wax, candelilla wax, and shellac are some of the commonly used food glazing agents. They are used for fresh fruit and vegetables, bakery products, chocolate, chewing gum, and other confectionery products. These agents act as a lubricant and sealants to prevent moisture loss and oil retention and improve structure. Food glazing agents help to improve appearance, preserve the quality and freshness of food products, improve the texture, and protect products from cracking, discoloration, and spoilage. These agents are stable under a variety of conditions, including temperature, humidity, and exposure to light, and exhibit water resistance.
Food Glazing Agents Market Trends:
The increasing demand for convenience foods across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Food glazing agents are widely used to improve the appearance, texture, and shelf life of many convenience foods, such as packaged snacks and ready-to-eat meals. In line with this, the rising consumption of confectionery and bakery products and the growing inclination toward improved texture and appearance is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the widespread utilization of natural carnauba wax derived from the leaves of the carnauba palm tree, which are used in candy, baked goods, and chewing gum, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the launch of food glazing agents with enhanced characteristics such as coating ability, anti-sticking, binding, and film-forming are providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing demand for organic food glazing agents derived from natural sources that are more sustainable and environmentally friendly is creating a positive outlook for the market. Furthermore, food manufacturers are increasingly adopting glazing agents to help protect products from spoilage and contamination due to the growing concerns over food safety and quality, which in turn is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including rising expenditure capacities of consumers, widespread adoption of plant-based agents owing to the rising concerns regarding the use of synthetic ingredients in food products, the launch of palm oil-based anti-sticking glazing agents, widespread product utilization in fruits, vegetables, and confectionery products and growing demand for stearic acid-based ingredients used as an ingredient in diet supplements, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global food glazing agents market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, ingredient function, and application.
Product Type Insights:
- Stearic Acid
- Carnauba Wax
- Candelilla Wax
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the food glazing agents market based on the product type. This includes stearic acid, beeswax, carnauba wax, candelilla wax, shellac, and others. According to the report, carnauba wax represented the largest segment.
Ingredient Function Insights
- Coating Agents
- Surface-Finishing Agents
- Firming Agents
- Film Former
A detailed breakup and analysis of the food glazing agents market based on the ingredient function has also been provided in the report. This includes coating agents, surface-finishing agents, firming agents, film former, and others. According to the report, coating agents accounted for the largest market share.
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Processed Meat, Poultry and Fish
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the food glazing agents market based on the application. This includes bakery and confectionery, fruits and vegetables, processed meat, poultry and fish, and others. According to the report, bakery and confectionery represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for food glazing agents. Some of the factors driving the Europe food glazing agents market included the rising consumption of confectionery and bakery products, the introduction of organic glazing agents, and widespread product utilization in fruits, vegetables, and confectionery products.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global food glazing agents market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Capol GmbH (Freudenberg & Co. KG), Colorcon (Berwind Corporation), Koster Keunen, Mantrose-Haeuser Co. Inc. (RPM International Inc.), Masterol Foods Pty Ltd., Poth Hille. & Co. Ltd., Puratos, Stéarinerie Dubois, Strahl & Pitsch Inc., The British Wax Refining Company Ltd, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Food Glazing Agents Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Ingredient Function
|Product Types Covered
||Stearic Acid, Beeswax, Carnauba Wax, Candelilla Wax, Shellac, Others
|Ingredient Functions Covered
||Coating Agents, Surface-Finishing Agents, Firming Agents, Film Former, Others
||Bakery and Confectionery, Fruits and Vegetables, Processed Meat, Poultry and Fish, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Capol GmbH (Freudenberg & Co. KG), Colorcon (Berwind Corporation), Koster Keunen, Mantrose-Haeuser Co. Inc. (RPM International Inc.), Masterol Foods Pty Ltd., Poth Hille. & Co. Ltd., Puratos, Stéarinerie Dubois, Strahl & Pitsch Inc., The British Wax Refining Company Ltd, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global food glazing agents market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global food glazing agents market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global food glazing agents market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive food glazing agents market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the food glazing agents market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the ingredient function?
- Which is the most attractive ingredient function in the food glazing agents market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the food glazing agents market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global food glazing agents market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global food glazing agents market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the food glazing agents market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global food glazing agents market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the food glazing agents industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.