The GCC camel dairy market was worth US$ 426.8 Million in 2017, registering a CAGR of around 5% during 2010-2017. Camels play a vital role in various communities of the GCC region on account of their adaptability to the high temperatures, scarce agricultural areas and insignificant amounts of precipitation. In recent years, camel dairy farming has evolved as an alternative to traditional dairy farming in the GCC region, as the latter requires large amounts of electricity and water for the maintenance of cattle. In comparison with cow milk, camel milk is considered more nutritious in nature owing to the higher amounts of iron, copper, sodium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and vitamin A and C. Moreover, camel milk is endowed with a high content of potent immunoglobulins which assist consumers suffering from allergies, autism, and heart and immunity disorders. Additionally, as camel milk is a natural probiotic, it promotes healthy bacterial growth in the gut, thereby aiding digestion. Moreover, the presence of lactoferrin helps in protecting the body from viral as well as bacterial infections.
Camel milk is often referred to as a complete meal since it has ample nutrients to sustain an individual throughout the day. On account of this, it was used to support nomads and herders while traveling long distances in ancient times. As opposed to the rest of the world, the GCC region has had the advantage of consuming camel milk and camel dairy products for decades. This can be accredited to the presence of a large number of camels in the region which has proliferated with the passage of time. GCC countries such as Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar have abundance of camels owing to the animals’ physiological peculiarities linked to their adaptation ability to harsh conditions of the desert. The dromedary camel is considered to be one of the most important livestock animals in semi-arid areas of the GCC region. This makes the raw material procurement process easier for camel milk processing companies. Other factors driving the demand of camel milk in the GCC region include increasing health awareness among the consumers, large diabetic population, increasing export market, numerous new product launches, etc.
The GCC camel dairy market has witnessed significant growth in the last few years, catalyzed by the health benefits of camel milk that are increasingly being recognized by the consumers. It has garnered attention particularly among lactose-intolerant and diabetic people as it contains a lower amount of lactose and higher amount of insulin that is imminent for regulating type 1 diabetes. Rising health awareness in the GCC region, especially in the UAE and Saudi Arabia has led to a surge in the sales of healthy food products. The urban population in these regions is continuously increasing, whereas the expanding number of Western emigrants is influencing dietary habits. These trends are expected to drive the camel dairy market in the GCC region over the coming years as camel milk and milk products are considered to be healthier than other forms of dairy products. Looking forward, the camel dairy market in the GCC region is projected to cross US$ 615.3 Million by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of around 6% during 2018-2023.
Breakup by Product Type:
On the basis of product type, the GCC camel dairy market has been segmented into flavoured milk, milk powder, pasteurized milk, ice cream, cheese, Laban, ghee, drinking yogurt, infant formula and others. Amongst these, pasteurized camel milk represents the leading product category, accounting for around a third of the total market share.
Breakup by Packaging:
Based on packaging, the report has analysed bottles, cartons, cans and jars. Bottles, currently dominate the GCC camel dairy market, accounting for the largest share.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
On the basis of distribution channels, the market has been divided into traditional and modern. The modern segment has been further divided into supermarkets and hypermarkets, online, specialty stores, convenience stores and others.
Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Oman.
The competitive landscape and the profiles of key players operating in the GCC camel dairy market have also been provided in the repot.
This report provides a deep insight into the GCC camel dairy market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the GCC camel dairy market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the GCC camel dairy market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the GCC camel dairy market?
- Which are the popular product types in the GCC camel dairy market?
- What are the various packaging types in the GCC camel dairy market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the GCC camel dairy market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the GCC camel dairy market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the GCC camel dairy market?
- What is the structure of the GCC camel dairy market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the GCC camel dairy market?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a setting up a camel dairy plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a camel dairy plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a camel dairy plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a camel dairy plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for a camel dairy plant?
- What are the transportation requirements for a camel dairy plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a camel dairy plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a camel dairy plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a camel dairy plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a camel dairy plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a camel dairy plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a camel dairy plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?