The global gene panel market size reached US$ 864.75 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2,233.06 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 16.3% during 2023-2028. The rising incidences of hereditary disorders and cancer, escalating need for genetic screening, and ongoing research and development (R&D) in the field of sequencing represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Gene Panel Market Size in 2022
||US$ 864.75 Million
|Gene Panel Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 2,233.06 Million
|Gene Panel Market Growth Rate 2023-2028
Gene panel refers to a laboratory test used to analyze a set of genes with variants known to be associated with the development of a condition or a collection of clinical symptoms under investigation. It assists in detecting mutations in specific genes in a tissue sample that may increase the risk of a disease, such as cancer, in an individual. Gene panel sequencing is usually performed using next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology. It is commonly used in clinical diagnostics to identify the genetic cause of a rare disease. Compared to sequential single-gene sequencing, whole-exome sequencing (WES), and whole-genome sequencing (WGS), it is faster and more cost-effective. Since it aids healthcare professionals in planning treatment and predicting the recurrence or spread of cancer to other parts of the body, gene panel sequencing is gaining immense traction across the globe.
Gene Panel Market Trends:
The rising incidences of hereditary disorders and cancer across the globe represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, there is a significant increase in demand for efficient diagnostic methods among clinicians to understand the genetic predisposition of any cancer or other known genetic disorders to determine better disease prognostics and therapeutics. Consequently, the escalating need for genetic screening to take presumptive actions for reducing the mortality rate due to genetic disorders has augmented the product demand. In addition, the surging popularity of predesigned and customizable gene panels, along with direct-to-consumer genetic testing kits that do not require extensive laboratory setup or personnel, has propelled the market growth. Furthermore, numerous biopharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are heavily investing in research and development (R&D) activities to develop targeted therapies for cancer treatment. In line with this, the increasing usage of gene panel techniques to discover new cancer therapies has catalyzed market growth. Moreover, the emerging applications of gene panels for pre-gestational, prenatal, and neonatal screening procedures are contributing to market growth. Other factors, including the launch of nationwide screening programs by governments of various countries, the minimally invasive nature of gene panels, the rising prevalence of congenital diseases, and continual technological advancements in diagnostics services and methods, are also anticipated to provide a positive thrust to the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global gene panel market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on products and services, technique, design, application, and end user.
Products and Services Insights:
- Test Kits
- Testing Services
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the gene panel market based on the products & services. This includes test kits and testing services. According to the report, test kits represented the largest segment.
- Amplicon-based Approach
- Hybridization-based Approach
A detailed breakup and analysis of the gene panel market based on the technique has also been provided in the report. This includes amplicon-based approach and hybridization-based approach. According to the report, amplicon-based approach accounted for the majority of the overall market share.
- Predesigned Gene Panel
- Customized Gene Panel
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the gene panel market based on the design. This includes predesigned gene panel and customized gene panel. According to the report, predesigned gene panel represented the largest segment.
- Cancer Risk Assessment
- Diagnosis of Congenital Diseases
A detailed breakup and analysis of the gene panel market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes cancer risk assessment, diagnosis of congenital diseases, pharmacogenetics, and others. According to the report, cancer risk assessment accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Hospital and Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the gene panel market based on the end user. This includes academic and research institutes, hospital and diagnostic laboratories, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. According to the report, academic and research institutes represented the largest segment.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for gene panel. Some of the factors driving the North America gene panel market included the increasing cases of numerous cancers, rising acceptance of advanced diagnostics methods, extensive research carried out in various institutes collaboratively sponsored by pharmaceutical giants and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) across the region, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global gene panel market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Agilent Technologies Inc., BGI Genomics Co. Ltd. (BGI Group), Eurofins Scientific SE, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Genewiz LLC (Azenta Inc.), Illumina Inc., Integrated DNA Technologies Inc. (Danaher Corporation), Novogene Co. Ltd., Qiagen N.V., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product and Service
- End User
|Products and Services Covered
||Test Kits, Testing Services
||Amplicon-based Approach, Hybridization-based Approach
||Predesigned Gene Panel, Customized Gene Panel
||Cancer Risk Assessment, Diagnosis of Congenital Diseases, Pharmacogenetics, Others
|End Users Covered
||Academic and Research Institutes, Hospital and Diagnostic Laboratories, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., BGI Genomics Co. Ltd. (BGI Group), Eurofins Scientific SE, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Genewiz LLC (Azenta Inc.), Illumina Inc., Integrated DNA Technologies Inc. (Danaher Corporation), Novogene Co. Ltd., Qiagen N.V., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global gene panel market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global gene panel market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global gene panel market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive gene panel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the products and services?
- Which is the most attractive products and services in the gene panel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technique?
- Which is the most attractive technique in the gene panel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the design?
- Which is the most attractive design in the gene panel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the gene panel market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the gene panel market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global gene panel market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global gene panel market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the gene panel market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global gene panel market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the gene panel industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.