According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “Male Toiletries Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global male toiletries market size reached US$ 26.8 Billion in 2020. Toiletries are personal care items that are used by individuals for personal hygiene and grooming and enhancing their overall physical appearance. Male grooming patterns have significantly changed over the years. Some of the essential male toiletries include combs, soaps, shaving creams, razors, aftershaves, shampoos, conditioners, mouthwash, hair wax, and hair styling gels. Male toiletries now also include skincare essentials and cosmetics like foundation, concealer, moisturizer, face pack, serum, anti-aging product, toner, face wash, and face scrub.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Male Toiletries Market Trends:
The growing preference for personal hygiene and grooming among the male population is one of the major factors fueling the market growth. This is further supported by the inflating income levels of the masses. Besides this, the rising penetration of social media platforms has created more pressure to look presentable at all times, which has increased the uptake of male toiletries, especially among the young population. In confluence with this, several manufacturers are introducing a range of products based on the latest technology. For instance, Marico Limited, an India-based consumer goods company, launched charcoal-based products, including peel-off masks, shampoo, body wash, face scrub, and face wash. Additionally, the rising demand for organic skincare and cosmetic products is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the growing trend of online shopping driven by its hassle-free process, easy return policies, and free shipping is bolstering the market growth. Other major factors contributing to the market growth are celebrity endorsements and the increasing number of men salons across the world. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product, the market has been categorized into deodorants, hair care products, shower products, and skincare products. Currently, deodorants account for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into mass and premium products. At present, mass products exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, male toiletries are mostly distributed through supermarkets and hypermarkets. Other segments include pharmacies, departmental stores, and specialty stores.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America is the leading market for male grooming products.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, with some of the key players being Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), Shiseido Company, Beiersdorf AG, L’Oréal SA, Unilever PLC, Coty Inc., Molton Brown Limited, and Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal