According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Male Toiletries Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global male toiletries market size reached US$ 25.8 Billion in 2019. Toiletries refer to personal care items that are widely used by individuals for personal hygiene and grooming. These items are essential for enhancing the overall physical appearance of the user. Numerous consumer products have now been introduced in the market that are explicitly formulated to cater to the specific requirements of male consumers. Some of the basic male toiletries include razors, shaving cream, aftershave, mouthwash, hair styling gel, comb, hair wax, soap, conditioner and shampoo. Apart from this, they also comprise cosmetics and skincare essentials that may include face wash, face scrub, moisturizer, face pack, toner, anti-aging product, serum, foundation and concealer.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Male Toiletries Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing preference for personal grooming and maintaining proper hygiene among the male population. Supported by rapid urbanization and inflating disposable incomes of the masses, there has been a significant increase in the uptake of male toiletries on the global level. There has also been an increase in the prevalence of skin problems across genders and ages. This, along with the growing awareness regarding the importance of maintaining a proper skincare routine, has contributed to the escalating adoption of male skincare products. Moreover, the easy availability of organic skincare and cosmetic products through proliferating online platforms is creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, there is an escalating preference for online shopping among the masses. Coupled with the launch of several applications and websites specifically designed for selling male toiletries, this is providing an impetus to the market growth. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include rising endorsements of these products by celebrities, the increasing establishment of men salons across the globe and evolving male beauty standards. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to witness moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into deodorants, haircare products, skincare products and shower products. Among these, deodorants represent the most preferred product type.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into mass and premium products, wherein mass products currently exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been classified into supermarkets and hypermarkets, pharmacies, specialty stores, departmental stores and others. At present, supermarkets and hypermarkets account for a majority of the total market share.
- On the geographical front, North America holds the leading position in the market. Some of the other key regions include Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Beiersdorf AG, L’Oréal SA, Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), Shiseido Company, Unilever PLC, Estée Lauder Companies Inc., Coty Inc. and Molton Brown Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal