The global male toiletries market was worth US$ 24 Billion in 2017. The market is further projected to reach a value of around US$ 30 Billion by 2023, at a CAGR of more than 3% during 2018-2023. Toiletries refer to consumer products which are primarily utilized for maintaining the overall hygiene of an individual. Earlier, most men used to follow a minimal grooming routine and were largely dependent on female toiletries. However, the male grooming patterns have changed over the past few years which has increased beauty and image consciousness among them. Owing to this, they are now willing to expend money on various toiletry products such as facial cleansers, exfoliators, anti-aging creams and sunscreens.
Global Male Toiletries Market Drivers:
- The increasing number of metrosexual men, who spend a significant amount of time and money on their personal grooming, clothes and beauty treatments, in confluence with celebrity endorsement of male grooming products has strengthened the growth of the market.
- In order to expand their consumer-base, some manufacturers are introducing a range of toiletries for men such as moisturizers, facewashes, anti-ageing creams and skin-lightening creams. Apart from this, a rise in the number of men’s salon have also contributed to the demand for male toiletries.
- Rising penetration of internet facilities along with the introduction of online shopping has been proactive in boosting the growth of the market. Online shopping offers a hassle-free experience to consumers due to advantages such as free-shipping method and easy return policies.
- Growing popularity of social media platforms, such as Facebook, Snapchat and Instagram, has increased the societal pressure for looking well-groomed all the time which, in turn, is propelling the sales of male toiletries.
Breakup by Type:
On the basis of types, the global male toiletries market has been bifurcated into mass and premium products. At present, mass products are widely preferred across the globe as they are relatively cheaper than premium products.
Breakup by Product:
Based on products, the market has been segregated into deodorants, hair care products, skin care products and shower products. Amongst these, deodorants account for the majority of the total market share.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the dominant distribution channels as they provide convenience to the consumers by offering a wide variety of products from different brands. Other distribution channels include pharmacies, specialty stores and departmental stores.
On a geographical front, North America enjoys the leading position in the market due to the rising metrosexual trend in the region. Other regions include Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
The market is highly fragmented in nature with the presence of several small and large manufacturers. Nonetheless, with the influx of private labels in the market, regional players are now finding it increasingly tough to compete against one another. Some of the key players operating in the market are:
- Protector & Gamble (P & G)
- The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- COTY Inc.
- Molton Brown
This report provides a deep insight into the global male toiletries market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the male toiletries market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global male toiletries market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global male toiletries market?
- Which are the different products in the global male toiletries market?
- What are the popular types in the global male toiletries market?
- What are the major distribution channels in the global male toiletries market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global male toiletries market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global male toiletries market?
- What is the structure of the global male toiletries market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global male toiletries market?
- How are male toiletries manufactured?