According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Urea Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global urea market reached a value of US$ 50.9 Billion in 2022. Urea is an organic nitrogenous compound with the chemical formula CH4N2O. It is a colorless, crystalline solid characterized by its high solubility and neutral pH. It is either naturally created in humans as well as other mammals and amphibians by protein metabolism or can be synthesized by combining ammonia with carbon dioxide (CO2) under high pressure. It is widely utilized as a fertilizer and animal feed additive in the agricultural sector. It provides nitrogen to the plants to promote healthy growth and assists them during the photosynthesis process. Apart from this, the compound finds extensive utilization across the chemical, medical and automotive industries in the manufacturing of plastics, pharmaceuticals, adhesives, laminates, and resins.
Global Urea Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the significant growth in the agricultural sector across the globe. There has been a growing demand for nitrogen fertilizers from the sector as they aid in promoting rapid growth and encouraging the healthy development of foliage and fruit. The use of these fertilizers, including urea, consequently, delivers a higher crop yield in a limited time, which is boosting their sales on the global level. Along with this, urea is widely used in the automotive industry to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions from diesel engines to meet emission regulations. Automotive urea is utilized in the exhaust systems and tanks of diesel-powered vehicles to remove nitrogen oxide from the exhaust. Furthermore, the advent of fluid bed granulation technology that is utilized in the manufacturing of urea is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. This technology ensures high efficiency and excellent quality of the end product that offers high resistance to crushing and abrasion. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the growing application of urea in the healthcare and personal care sectors, extensive research and development (R&D), and the increasing need for efficient cattle feed supplements. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the grade, the market has been divided into fertilizers, feed and technical grades.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into nitrogenous fertilizers, stabilizing agents, keratolytes, resins and others.
- On the basis of the end-use industry, the market has been categorized into agriculture, chemical, automotive, medical and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Acron Group, BASF SE, BIP (Oldbury) Limited, EuroChem AG, Jiangsu Sanmu Group Co, Ltd., Koch Fertilizer, LLC, OCI N.V., Petrobras, Qatar Fertiliser Company, SABIC, and Yara International ASA.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Grade, Application, End-Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Acron Group, BASF SE, BIP (Oldbury) Limited, EuroChem, Jiangsu Sanmu Group Co. Ltd., Koch Fertilizer LLC, OCI N.V, Petrobras, Qatar Fertiliser Company, SABIC and Yara International ASA
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal