The global huber needles market size reached US$ 49.3 Million in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 72.7 Million by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.42% during 2024-2032. The rising prevalence of cancer, increasing incidences of chronic illnesses, and the introduction of innovative products represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 49.3 Million
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 72.7 Million
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Huber needles are specially designed non-coring straight or curved needles used for accessing implanted medication devices, such as ports and pumps. They are manufactured using polyurethane material and special-grade stainless steel. Huber needles are widely used in dialysis, blood transfusion, lab band adjustments, drug delivery, blood sampling, and chemotherapy treatments. Huber needles are highly safe, easy to use, minimize risks, maximize treatment effectiveness, and prevent the risk of needlestick injuries and occlusion after the needle is withdrawn. They also help to improve the comfort of the patient and reduce discomfort and the risk of dislodging the needle. As a result, it finds applications in hospitals, oncology centers, clinics, nursing homes, and ambulatory surgical centers.
Huber Needles Market Trends:
The rising prevalence of cancer due to smoking, unhealthy eating habit, and sedentary lifestyles is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Huber needles are widely used in intravenous (IV) cancer treatments to administer chemotherapy drugs, antibiotics, saline fluids, and blood supply and transfusion. Furthermore, the widespread utilization of needles to provide repetitive access to veins for blood removal, infusion of blood products, and medications due to the rising incidences of chronic illnesses, such as end-stage renal disease, obesity, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the implementation of stringent government regulations to reduce needle stick injuries and ensure patient safety is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, the introduction of specially lubricated huber needles that reduce the penetration force and minimize the pain caused while the needle is inserted is positively influencing the market growth. Along with this, manufacturers are focusing on the development of innovative products that are small, easy to maneuver, compatible with specific ports, and provide an audible click and visual indication of the lockout mechanism, which, in turn, is propelling the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product utilization to administer parenteral nutrition in patients undergoing abdominal surgeries or suffering from gastrointestinal diseases, short bowel syndrome, and prolonged diarrhea is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Other factors, including the rising geriatric population, significant growth in the healthcare industry, and increasing investment in the research and development (R&D) of novel products, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global huber needles market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on product, application, and end user.
- Straight Huber Needles
- Curved Huber Needles
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the huber needles market based on the product. This includes straight and curved huber needles. According to the report, curved huber needles represented the largest segment.
- Transfusion of Blood
- Application for Cancer
- Parental Nutrition
A detailed breakup and analysis of the huber needles market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes transfusion of blood, application for cancer, parental nutrition, and others. According to the report, transfusion of blood accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
A detailed breakup and analysis of the huber needles market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. According to the report, hospitals accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for huber needles. Some of the factors driving the North America huber needles market included the increasing prevalence of chronic illness, significant growth in the healthcare industry, and various technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global huber needles market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include B. Braun Medical Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Exelint International Co., Medline Industries, Medsurg, Smiths Medical Inc. (ICU Medical Inc), Vygon S.A., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Huber Needles Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Straight Huber Needles, Curved Huber Needles
||Transfusion of Blood, Application for Cancer, Parental Nutrition, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||B. Braun Medical Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Exelint International Co., Medline Industries, Medsurg, Smiths Medical Inc. (ICU Medical Inc), Vygon S.A., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global huber needles market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global huber needles market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global huber needles market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive huber needles market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the huber needles market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the huber needles market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the huber needles market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global huber needles market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global huber needles market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the huber needles market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global huber needles market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the huber needles industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.