The global hyperphosphatemia drugs market size reached US$ 3.8 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.1% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of end stage kidney disease (ESKD), considerable rise in the geriatric population that is susceptible to developing chronic ailments and the increasing health consciousness resulting in the rising trend of early disease diagnosis represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Hyperphosphatemia is characterized by an elevated level of phosphate in the blood as a result of increased intake of phosphate, migration of phosphate out of the cells, and decreased excretion of phosphate. Hyperphosphatemia is frequently found in people who suffer from chronic kidney diseases, diabetic ketoacidosis, uncontrolled diabetes, and low parathyroid hormone levels. Medications for hyperphosphatemia, which tend to contain phosphate binders, help control the high levels of phosphate in the blood. Additionally, hyperphosphatemia drugs are effective at reducing phosphorus absorption through the gastrointestinal tract. They exchange an anion phosphate with an active cation, such as carbonate, acetate, oxyhydroxide, or citrate, to form a compound that is nonabsorbable and excreted.
Hyperphosphatemia Drugs Market Trends:
The rising prevalence of various chronic diseases, particularly end stage kidney disease (ESKD), across the globe is a significant factor driving the growth of the market. This can be attributed to a considerable rise in the geriatric population that is susceptible to developing these ailments. In line with this, the increasing number of product launches due to the approval of novel drugs are positively impacting the market. Also, the introduction of strong pipeline drugs in numerous clinical trials is creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. However, the growing side effects of hyperphosphatemia drugs, the rising stringency in regulations by the drug-governing bodies in several countries, and high production costs are restraining the market growth. On the contrary, extensive research and development (R&D) activities in drug manufacturing procedures are creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, a significant increase in collaborations, partnerships and strategic merger and acquisition (M&As) by the key players to extend their geographical presence is also providing an impetus to the market. The market is further fueled by the shifting preference toward the adoption of non-phosphate binder drugs from the conventional phosphate binder drugs. Moreover, the increasing medical expenditure, along with continual technological improvements in the healthcare infrastructure facilities, are propelling the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, product premiumization, the rising trend of early disease diagnosis, considerable growth in the biotechnology industry and inflating disposable income levels.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global hyperphosphatemia drugs market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, dosage form, and distribution channel.
- Calcium Based Phosphate Binders
- Iron Based Phosphate Binders
- Lanthanum Carbonate
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hyperphosphatemia drugs market based on the product. This includes sevelamer, calcium based phosphate binders, iron based phosphate binders, lanthanum carbonate, and others. According to the report, sevelamer represented the largest segment.
Dosage Form Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hyperphosphatemia drugs market based on the dosage form. This includes tablets, syrups, and capsules. According to the report, tablets represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hyperphosphatemia drugs market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. According to the report, hospital pharmacies accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for hyperphosphatemia drugs. Some of the factors driving the North America hyperphosphatemia drugs market include the increasing number of product launches due to the approval of novel drugs, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, and the growing medical expenditure, along with continual technological improvements in healthcare infrastructure facilities.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global hyperphosphatemia drugs market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Ardelyx Inc., Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA, Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc (Lupin Limited), Torii Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Japan Tobacco Inc.), Vifor Pharma Management Ltd. (CSL Limited), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product, Dosage Form, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Ardelyx Inc., Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA, Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc (Lupin Limited), Torii Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Japan Tobacco Inc.), Vifor Pharma Management Ltd. (CSL Limited), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global hyperphosphatemia drugs market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global hyperphosphatemia drugs market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive hyperphosphatemia drugs markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the dosage form?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the competitive structure of the global hyperphosphatemia drugs market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global hyperphosphatemia drugs market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the hyperphosphatemia drugs market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global hyperphosphatemia drugs market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the hyperphosphatemia drugs industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.