The global in vitro fertilization market size reached US$ 22.43 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 37.24 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.50% during 2023-2028. Increasing awareness and acceptance of IVF, rising expenditure capacities of consumers, and significant growth in the healthcare industry represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 22.43 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 37.24 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a complex and advanced medical technique used to treat infertility in couples and assist with the conception of a child. The process involves the collection of eggs from a woman's ovaries and the fertilization of these eggs with sperm in a laboratory dish. Then the fertilized egg (embryo) is transferred to the uterus. IVF is widely used to treat various infertility issues, including blocked fallopian tubes, endometriosis, low sperm count or motility, and unexplained infertility. It assists in fertilization, embryo development, and implantation. It also helps in increasing the chances of pregnancy, reducing the risk of genetic disorders in the child, utilizing donated eggs and sperm, and achieving a healthy pregnancy.
In Vitro Fertilization Market Trends:
The increasing awareness and acceptance of IVF across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. In line with this, the rising prevalence of infertility due to environmental and lifestyle factors, such as exposure to toxins, smoking, alcohol consumption, and obesity, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the increasing trend toward freezing eggs for later pregnancies due to the growing working population and rising focus on careers is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the widespread adoption of the IVF technique owing to its ability to use donor eggs or sperm, which helps couples with genetic disorders or other fertility issues in conceiving, is propelling the market growth. Apart from this, rapid technological advancements, such as the utilization of artificial intelligence (AI) to help embryologists select the best embryos for implantation and develop personalized treatment plans for IVF patients, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Furthermore, the increasing adoption of the physiological intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (PICSI) technique to help in sperm selection for couples with a history of miscarriages, low embryo quality, and low fertility is creating a positive outlook for the market. Besides this, manufacturers and key players are focusing on the launch of disposable devices, such as needles, slides, and chambers, to meet the sterility and regulatory requirements, which, in turn, is positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, including the rising expenditure capacities of consumers, significant expansion in the healthcare industry, increasing incidences of medical conditions, such as endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and the implementation of various government initiatives to promote IVF treatments, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global in vitro fertilization market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, procedure type, cycle type and end user.
- Cryopreservation Media
- Embryo Culture Media
- Ovum Processing Media
- Sperm Processing Media
- Imaging Systems
- IVF Cabinet
- Ovum Aspiration Pump
- Sperm Separation Systems
- Micromanipulator Systems
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the in vitro fertilization market based on the product. This includes reagent (cryopreservation media, embryo culture media, ovum processing media, and sperm processing media), instrument (imaging systems, incubators, cryosystems, IVF cabinet, ovum aspiration pump, sperm separation systems, micromanipulator systems and others), and accessories. According to the report, instrument represented the largest segment.
Procedure Type Insights:
- Fresh Donor
- Frozen Donor
- Fresh Non-donor
- Frozen Non-donor
A detailed breakup and analysis of the in vitro fertilization market based on the procedure type has also been provided in the report. This includes fresh donor, frozen donor, fresh non-donor, and frozen non-donor. According to the report, frozen non-donor accounted for the largest market share.
Cycle Type Insights:
- Conventional IVF
- IVF with ICSI
- IVF with Donor Eggs
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the in vitro fertilization market based on the cycle type. This includes conventional IVF, IVF with ICSI, and IVF with donor eggs. According to the report, IVF with ICSI represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Fertility Clinics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the in vitro fertilization market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes fertility clinics, hospitals, and others. According to the report, fertility clinics accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for in vitro fertilization. Some of the factors driving the Europe in vitro fertilization market included the increasing awareness and acceptance of IVF, rising incidences of medical conditions, and rapid technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global in vitro fertilization market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Boston IVF, CooperSurgical Inc. (The Cooper Companies Inc.), Esco Micro Pte. Ltd, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Genea Pty Limited, Hamilton Thorne Ltd., SAFE Fertility Center, Vitrolife AB, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
In Vitro Fertilization Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Procedure Type
- Cycle Type
- End User
- Reagent: Cryopreservation Media, Embryo Culture Media, Ovum Processing Media, Sperm Processing Media
- Instrument: Imaging Systems, Incubators, Cryosystems, IVF Cabinet, Ovum Aspiration Pump, Sperm Separation Systems, Micromanipulator Systems, Others
|Procedure Types Covered
||Fresh Donor, Frozen Donor, Fresh Non-donor, Frozen Non-donor
|Cycle Types Covered
||Conventional IVF , IVF with ICSI, IVF with Donor Eggs
|End Users Covered
||Fertility Clinics, Hospitals, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Boston IVF, CooperSurgical Inc. (The Cooper Companies Inc.), Esco Micro Pte. Ltd, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Genea Pty Limited, Hamilton Thorne Ltd., SAFE Fertility Center, Vitrolife AB, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global in vitro fertilization market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global in vitro fertilization market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global in vitro fertilization market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive in vitro fertilization market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the in vitro fertilization market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the procedure type?
- Which is the most attractive procedure type in the in vitro fertilization market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the cycle type?
- Which is the most attractive cycle type in the in vitro fertilization market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the in vitro fertilization market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global in vitro fertilization market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global in vitro fertilization market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the in vitro fertilization market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global in vitro fertilization market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the in vitro fertilization industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.