The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Dietary Supplements Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the India dietary supplements market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Dietary supplements are external food products that fulfill the essential nutritional requirements in the human body. They contain minerals, vitamins, enzymes, amino acids and herbs and are available in the form of tablets, capsules, soft gels, powders, drinks, and energy bars. Dietary supplements are consumed to boost the immune system against diseases, as well as detoxify the body.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Dietary Supplements Market Trends:
The India dietary supplements market is primarily driven by the growing consciousness among the masses regarding personal health and wellbeing. The increasing disposable income of individuals is also facilitating the consumption of dietary supplements to meet their daily nutritional requirements. Besides this, due to rapid urbanization, people are leading fast-paced lifestyles and hectic work schedules. This has resulted in an increased dependency on dietary supplements. Apart from this, the occurrence of lifestyle diseases, including cardiovascular problems, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, obesity, and blood pressure, is also escalating the sales of dietary supplements in the country. Moreover, the rising geriatric population has led to an increasing interest in preventive healthcare. Furthermore, there has been a growing number of fitness centers, health clubs, and gymnasiums that promote the use of dietary supplements as a way of managing weight and fulfilling their nutritional gaps. On account of these factors, the market value is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 18% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into vitamin and mineral, herbal, protein, and other dietary supplements.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been classified into tablets, capsules, powder, liquid, soft gels, and gel caps.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into pharmacies and drug stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online sales, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into additional supplements, medicinal supplements, and sports nutrition.
- Based on the end use, the market has been categorized into infants, children, adults, pregnant women and old-aged.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North India, East India, West and Central India, and South India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Amway India Enterprises Pvt. Ltd., Herbalife International India Private Limited, Dabur India Limited, Abbott India Limited, The Kraft Heinz Company, The Himalaya Drug Company, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare Limited, Danone Nutricia International Private Limited and Patanjali Ayurved Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800