The India ginger market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 12% during 2023-2028. The robust production of ginger in India, the increasing consumer awareness of multiple product health benefits, and the rising popularity of herbal and ayurvedic medicines represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Ginger, formally known as Zingiber officinale, is a flowering plant whose rhizome or root is widely utilized as a spice and in alternative medicine. Native to Southeast Asia, it's grown in many parts of the world today, known for its warm, pungent, and sweet-spicy flavor. The ginger plant bears green leaves and yellow flowers. However, it's the underground part of the stem, the rhizome, that's harvested for consumption. Typically, the ginger rhizome appears as a thick, knotted substance, varying in size, with a rough, tan exterior and a firm yet juicy interior. Ginger finds a wide range of usage in culinary, featuring in various dishes, beverages, and desserts, due to its unique, aromatic flavor. Besides this, it is also treasured in herbal teas brewed for its potential health benefits. Apart from this, ginger is also employed in various traditional healing applications. It offers numerous health benefits, such as aiding digestion, alleviating nausea, and combating the common cold.
India Ginger Market Trends:
India is one of the biggest producers and exporters of ginger in the world, accounting for a substantial share of the global market. The country's favorable climate, particularly in states such as Kerala, Karnataka, and Assam, provides ideal conditions for ginger cultivation, ensuring a steady and abundant supply throughout the year. This abundant supply allows India to cater to both domestic consumption and international export demands, primarily driving the market growth. Besides this, ginger holds immense cultural and culinary significance in Indian cuisine and is extensively utilized in various dishes, beverages, and snacks due to its pungent and aromatic flavor, adding depth and taste to these recipes. Additionally, ginger's medicinal properties, such as aiding digestion, reducing inflammation, and boosting immunity, are deeply ingrained in Indian culture, leading to its frequent use in traditional medicine systems such as herbal and ayurvedic. In line with this, consumers are increasingly seeking healthier and organic alternatives in their diets, prompting a shift towards the use of natural ingredients such as ginger. Additionally, the rising popularity of traditional and herbal medicines globally is presenting lucrative export opportunities for Indian ginger. Furthermore, ginger is finding extensive applications in skincare and beauty products on account of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, while its potential health benefits have sparked interest in ginger-based dietary supplements, which, in turn, are creating a favorable market outlook.
India Ginger Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India ginger market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, application, and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
- Fresh Ginger
- Dried Ginger
- Preserved Ginger
- Ginger Oil
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type. This includes fresh ginger, dried ginger, preserved ginger, ginger oil, and others.
- Food Industry
- Pharmaceuticals Industry
- Cosmetics Industry
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes food, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, and other industries.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Traditional Retail
- Modern Retail Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel. This includes traditional retail, modern retail stores, and others.
- South India
- North India
- West and Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West and Central India, East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
India Ginger Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Fresh Ginger, Dried Ginger, Preserved Ginger, Ginger Oil, Others
||Food Industry, Pharmaceuticals Industry, Cosmetics Industry, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Traditional Retail, Modern Retail Stores, Others
||South India, North India, West and Central India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India ginger market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India ginger market?
- What is the breakup of the India ginger market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the India ginger market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the India ginger market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India ginger market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India ginger market?
- What is the structure of the India ginger market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India ginger market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India ginger market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India ginger market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India ginger industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.