The India smart cities market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 18.9% during 2023-2028. The rising awareness about sustainability and improved quality of life, favorable government initiatives, and the integration of advanced technologies to enhance urban infrastructure represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Smart cities are urban environments that leverage advanced technology and data-driven solutions to enhance the quality of life for residents, optimize resource usage, and improve overall efficiency. These cities are designed to address the complex challenges faced by growing urban populations, such as traffic congestion, energy consumption, waste management, and overall quality of life. They integrate various technological innovations, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), data analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI), to create interconnected systems that address key urban challenges. They use data from sensors and devices embedded in infrastructure, public services, and utilities to make informed decisions. This data-driven approach facilitates optimized traffic management, efficient waste disposal, energy conservation, and improved public safety. Additionally, smart cities often emphasize sustainability by promoting green practices, including renewable energy sources and reduced carbon emissions. They enhance citizen engagement through digital platforms, streamline government operations, and promote economic growth by attracting businesses that thrive in technologically advanced environments. Additionally, smart buildings are equipped with energy-efficient systems that reduce power consumption and environmental impact. Smart cities promote multi-modal transportation options, such as efficient public transportation systems, bike-sharing programs, and electric vehicle charging stations. This reduces traffic congestion, lowers carbon emissions, and improves air quality. In recent years, smart cities have enhanced urban living in India by integrating advanced technology, data analytics, and innovative infrastructure.
India Smart Cities Market Trends:
In India, the increasing population migration from rural to urban areas, intensifying the need for efficient urban planning and infrastructure, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Apart from this, the Government of India is taking favorable initiatives, such as Smart Cities Mission launched in 2015, which is positively influencing market growth by allocating funds and resources to transform over 100 cities into technologically advanced and sustainable urban centers. Additionally, the shift toward economic growth and global competitiveness has augmented the demand for smart cities, attracting foreign investments and fostering innovation across sectors. Moreover, the rising need to tackle urban issues such as traffic congestion, inadequate public services, and environmental concerns is another major growth-inducing factor, prompting the integration of smart technologies to optimize resource management, enhance public transportation, and monitor air and water quality. Besides this, the rapid proliferation of digital connectivity and mobile devices facilitates a conducive environment for smart solutions that enable citizens to engage with urban services seamlessly, thereby propelling market growth. Furthermore, the increasing number of cities striving to offer improved quality of life and attract businesses and skilled workforce is contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing presence of competitive pricing strategies by manufacturers and retailers, escalating demand for character-themed stationery products, the rising influence of peer pressure and trends among school-going children, and significant improvements in school infrastructure, are also anticipated to drive the market further.
India Smart Cities Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India smart cities market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on focus area, smart transportation, smart buildings, smart utilities, and smart citizen services.
Focus Area Insights:
- Smart Transportation
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Utilities
- Smart Citizen Services
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the focus area. This includes smart transportation, smart buildings, smart utilities, and smart citizen services.
Smart Transportation Insights:
- Smart Ticketing
- Traffic Management System
- Passenger Information Management System
- Freight Information System
- Connected Vehicles
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the smart transportation has also been provided in the report. This includes smart ticketing, traffic management system, passenger information management system, freight information system, connected vehicles, and others.
Smart Buildings Insights:
- Building Energy Optimization
- Emergency Management System
- Parking Management System
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the smart buildings. This includes building energy optimization, emergency management system, parking management system, and others.
Smart Utilities Insights:
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- Distribution Management System
- Substation Automation
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the smart utilities. This includes advanced metering infrastructure, distribution management system, substation automation, and others.
Smart Citizen Services Insights:
- Smart Education
- Smart Healthcare
- Smart Public Safety
- Smart Street Lighting
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on smart citizen services. This includes smart education, smart healthcare, smart public safety, smart street lighting, and others.
- South India
- North India
- West and Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West and Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
India Smart Cities Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Focus Area
- Smart Transportation
- Smart Buildings
- Smart Utilities
- Smart Citizen Services
|Focus Areas Covered
||Smart Transportation, Smart Buildings, Smart Utilities, Smart Citizen Services
|Smart Transportations Covered
||Smart Ticketing, Traffic Management System, Passenger Information Management System, Freight Information System, Connected Vehicles, Others
|Smart Buildings Covered
||Building Energy Optimization, Emergency Management System, Parking Management System, Others
|Smart Utilities Covered
||Advanced Metering Infrastructure, Distribution Management System, Substation Automation, Others
|Smart Citizen Services Covered
||Smart Education, Smart Healthcare, Smart Public Safety, Smart Street Lighting, Others
||South India, North India, West and Central India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India smart cities market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India smart cities market?
- What is the breakup of the India smart cities market on the basis of focus area?
- What is the breakup of the India smart cities market on the basis of smart transportation?
- What is the breakup of the India smart cities market on the basis of smart buildings?
- What is the breakup of the India smart cities market on the basis of smart utilities?
- What is the breakup of the India smart cities market on the basis of smart citizen services?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India smart cities market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India smart cities market?
- What is the structure of the India smart cities market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India smart cities market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India smart cities market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India smart cities market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India smart cities industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.