The global online advertising market was worth US$ 133 Billion in 2019. Online advertising refers to a kind of marketing and advertising technique that employs the internet to promote services and products. It delivers promotional marketing messages by collecting data and targeting potential customers. Various tools and techniques are used to promote these services such as e-mail, sales CRM, marketing automation and web analytics. This mode of advertising is extensively used across different sectors like retail, healthcare, education, automotive, banking, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and media and entertainment. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the global online advertising market to exhibit strong growth during the next five years.
- Online advertising is inexpensive as compared to other media like newspaper, magazines and television. It helps companies to promote their products or services to a diverse range of geographical locations and demographics.
- The availability of big data and online customer analysis has enabled online advertisements to target the desired audience. This, coupled with the internet’s ever-increasing penetration across the globe, is providing a thrust to the market.
- Social media and mobile devices have gained popularity over the past few years. This trend is urging brands to invest in innovative and interactive social media advertisements.
- Several online start-ups are now making a shift from traditional advertising to self-serve platforms that allow small businesses to advertise with ease. These online platforms minimize the expenses by allowing these companies to take control of their marketing schemes and selling the products directly to the consumers.
Breakup by Segments:
- Others (lead generation, rich media, etc.)
Search advertising dominates the market as it is a highly effective way of promotion which helps to drive online sales.
- North America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
North America represents the largest market, accounting for the majority of the total market share. Most of the leading online advertising companies are based in the region.
The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed with the detailed profiles of the key player operating in the industry.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global online advertising market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global online advertising market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global online advertising market?
- Which are the popular segments in the global online advertising market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global online advertising market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global online advertising market?
- What is the structure of the global online advertising market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global online advertising market?