The global kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market size reached US$ 4.72 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.17 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.12% during 2023-2028. The rising incidences of kidney cancer, increasing geriatric population, and favorable initiatives by several governments represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Kidney cancer is a chronic disease where abnormal cell growth occurs in kidney tissues, which turns into tumors. Its symptoms include blood in urine, loss of appetite, flank pain, tiredness, fever, weight loss, bone pain, high blood pressure, and anemia. Kidney cancer is diagnosed through various techniques, such as blood and urine tests, biopsy, biomarker testing, computed tomography (CT) scan, X-ray, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), cystoscopy, and nephron-ureteroscopy. It can be treated through medications, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, nephrectomy, cryoablation, radiofrequency ablation, and targeted therapy. Kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics aid in the removal of cancer cells, destroy tumors and prevent recurring, and assist physicians in planning treatments. They also help in improving kidney function, reducing future complications, controlling cancer spread, and enhancing patient comfort.
Kidney Cancer Therapeutics and Diagnostics Market Trends:
The rising incidences of kidney cancer due to the increasing prevalence of smoking habits, obesity, genetic conditions, and exposure to chemicals is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics are widely used to analyze and treat renal cell carcinoma (RCC), benign kidney tumors, Wilms tumors, transitional cell cancer, renal sarcoma, medullary carcinoma, multilocular cystic RCC, and mucinous tubular and spindle cell carcinoma. Furthermore, the rising geriatric population with high susceptibility to renal cell carcinoma and other forms of kidney cancer is facilitating the demand for therapeutics and diagnostics to manage tumors, prolong survival, and preserve noncancerous parts of the kidney. Additionally, the recent development of diagnostic tools capable of detecting biomarkers, such as baculoviral IAP repeat containing 5 (BIRC5), a key indicator for early detection of clear cell RCC and predicting patient prognosis, is positively influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of three-dimensional (3D) printing to create pre-operative models of the kidney and its tumors, which, in turn, aids physicians in treatment planning and providing appropriate counseling to the patients, reducing surgical errors, enhancing efficiency, and preserving the majority of kidney functions are favoring the market growth. Moreover, the implementation of various government initiatives to spread awareness regarding cancer is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including significant growth in the healthcare industry, rising investment in research and development (R&D) activities to identify potential treatment options, and widespread adoption of advanced technologies, such as robotic surgery, telemedicine, and artificial intelligence (AI), are anticipated to drive the market growth further.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, cancer types, and application.
- Drugs by Therapeutic Class
- Targeted Therapy
- Drugs by Pharmacologic Class
- Angiogenesis Inhibitors
- mTOR Inhibitors
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Cytokine Immunotherapy (II-2)
- Imaging Test
- Blood Test
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market based on the component. This includes drugs (therapeutic class (targeted therapy, immunotherapy, and others) and pharmacological class (angiogenesis inhibitors, mTOR inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies, and cytokine immunotherapy (II-2))) and diagnostics (imaging test, biopsy, blood test, and others). According to the report, drugs represented the largest segment.
Cancer Types Insights:
- Clear Cell RCC
- Papillary RCC
- Chromophobe RCC
- Transitional Cell Carcinoma
A detailed breakup and analysis of the kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market based on the cancer types has been provided in the report. This includes clear cell RCC, papillary RCC, chromophobe RCC, transitional cell carcinoma, and others. According to the report, clear cell RCC accounted for the largest market share.
- Pharmaceutical Labs
- Genomic Laboratories
A detailed breakup and analysis of the kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market based on the application has been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, pharmaceutical labs, genomic laboratories, and others. According to the report, hospitals accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics. Some of the factors driving the North America kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market include increasing incidences of kidney cancer, rising research and development (R&D) expenditure, increasing geriatric population, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Exelixis Inc., Genentech Inc. (Roche Holding AG), Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Drugs: Drugs by Therapeutic Class, Drugs by Pharmacologic Class
- Diagnostics: Imaging Test, Biopsy, Blood Test, Others
|Cancer Types Covered
||Clear Cell RCC, Papillary RCC, Chromophobe RCC, Transitional Cell Carcinoma, Others
||Hospitals, Pharmaceutical Labs, Genomic Laboratories, and Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Exelixis Inc., Genentech Inc. (Roche Holding AG), Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the cancer types?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the kidney cancer therapeutics and diagnostics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.