The global malathion market size reached US$ 394.9 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 545.1 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.35% during 2023-2028. The growing utilization in hair shampoos to control lice, increasing demand for high-quality food products, and rising adoption in agriculture industry represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 394.9 Million
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 545.1 Million
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Malathion (C10H19O6PS2), also known as maldison, refers to the man-made organophosphate (OP) insecticide that is manufactured from dimethyl dithiophosphoric acid or either diethyl fumarate or diethyl maleate. It is yellow or dark brown in color, has an unpleasant odor, insoluble in water, and is widely available in liquid, emulsion, and powder forms. It easily and quickly breaks down in water and sunlight and has an irreversible cholinesterase inhibitor and low human toxicity. Besides this, it assists in treating lice on human hair and body of animals, such as dogs and cats, while reducing the risk of mosquito-borne illness, such as Zika virus, chikungunya, and West Nile virus. As C10H19O6PS2 is widely utilized to kill mosquitoes and insects like aphids, leafhoppers, and Japanese beetles in gardens and farm crops, its demand is rising around the world.
Malathion Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for C10H19O6PS2 in public restrooms and bathrooms to maintain disinfection represents one of the major factors influencing the market positively. Additionally, the rising utilization in shampoos, coupled with the increasing sales of personal care products across the globe, is contributing to the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing demand for C10H19O6PS2 due to its decreasing price and ease of accessibility worldwide is offering a positive market outlook. Moreover, the rising utilization of C10H19O6PS2 by fogging equipment mounted on trucks to decrease the growth of mosquitoes in agriculture around the world is supporting the growth of the market. Besides this, governing agencies of various countries are encouraging the adoption of C10H19O6PS2 pesticide for household and veterinary solutions, which is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. In addition, there is a rise in the demand for enhanced and high-quality food products among the masses. This, coupled with the growing adoption of C10H19O6PS2 among pet owners to eliminate ticks and mites on animals and decrease the risk of itching and infection, is bolstering the growth of the market. In line with this, the increasing utilization of C10H19O6PS2 in residential areas to prevent the development of insects on shrubs and landscaping plants is impelling the growth of the market. Furthermore, the rising employment of C10H19O6PS2 to reduce the number of mosquito diseases, such as dengue, malaria, and cholera, is strengthening the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global malathion market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the malathion market based on the type. This includes liquid, powder, emulsion, and others. According to the report, powder represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the malathion market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes agriculture, residential, and others. According to the report, agriculture accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for malathion. Some of the factors driving the North America malathion market included the growing utilization in the agriculture sector to kill insects, rising adoption among pet owners to decrease ticks on animals, increasing demand for high-quality food products among individuals, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global malathion market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Biostadt India Limited, Coromandel International Limited (East India Distilleries Parry Limited), Gowan Company, Huludao Lingyun Group Pesticide Chemical Co. Ltd., Shivalik Rasayan Limited, Suven Life Sciences Ltd., Xinyi Taisong Chemical Co. Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Malathion Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Liquid, Powder, Emulsion, and Others
||Agriculture, Residential, and Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Biostadt India Limited, Coromandel International Limited (East India Distilleries Parry Limited), Gowan Company, Huludao Lingyun Group Pesticide Chemical Co. Ltd., Shivalik Rasayan Limited, Suven Life Sciences Ltd., Xinyi Taisong Chemical Co. Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global malathion market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global malathion market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global malathion market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive malathion market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the malathion market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the malathion market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global malathion market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global malathion market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the malathion market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global malathion market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the malathion industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.