The global military electro-optical and infrared systems market size reached US$ 10.0 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 12.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% during 2023-2028.
Military electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) systems refer to various land-, air-, and naval-based discrete technological solutions used for comprehensive situational awareness. The airborne systems include optic sights, night vision, inspection systems and helmet-mounted displays. The land-based systems consist of weapon-mounted sights, optronic devices, thermal imagers, designators and laser range finders. The naval-based systems include infrared imagers and detectors, surveillance and tracking systems and photonics mast systems. These systems and devices use hyperspectral and multispectral imaging technologies and are commonly used for conducting combat, patrol, surveillance, reconnaissance and search and rescue operations.
The market is primarily driven by an alarming increase in armed conflicts, violence and terrorism across the globe. Furthermore, the escalating requirement for military modernization is creating a positive outlook for the market. Military EO/IR systems are widely used in missile warning receivers and electronic warfare, optical surveillance and observation systems. In line with this, the deployment of these solutions for unmanned vehicles is also contributing to the market growth. Additionally, various technological advancements, such as the development of innovative longwave infrared (LWIR) and EO laser guidance systems, are acting as other growth-inducing factors. They provide enhanced thermal imaging capacities with improved target recognition and offers reliable information for crew protection in war conditions. Other factors, including the increasing integration of novel EO/IR systems with the existing military systems, along with rising defense expenditures by governments across the globe, especially in the developing nations, are anticipated to drive the market further.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global military electro-optical and infrared systems market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on platform, system, sensor type, technology and wavelength.
Breakup by Platform:
Breakup by System:
- Targeting System
- Electronic Support Measure (ESM) System
- Imaging System
- Multispectral Imaging System
- Hyperspectral Imaging System
Breakup by Sensor Type:
- Staring Sensor
- Scanning Sensor
Breakup by Technology:
Breakup by Wavelength:
- Near Infrared
- Short and Medium Wavelength Infrared
- Long Wavelength Infrared
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being BAE Systems Plc, Elbit Systems Ltd., FLIR Systems Inc., Israel Aerospace Industries, L3Harris Technologies Inc., Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Rheinmetall AG, Saab AB and Thales Group.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Platform, System, Sensor Type, Technology, Wavelength, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BAE Systems Plc, Elbit Systems Ltd., FLIR Systems Inc., Israel Aerospace Industries, L3Harris Technologies Inc., Leonardo S.p.A., Lockheed Martin Corporation, Raytheon Technologies Corporation, Rheinmetall AG, Saab AB and Thales Group
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global military electro-optical and infrared systems market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global military electro-optical and infrared systems market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the platform?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the system?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sensor type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the wavelength?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global military electro-optical and infrared systems market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?