The global nanotechnology market size reached US$ 6.7 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 34.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 32.03% during 2023-2028. The increasing nanotechnology applications across various industry verticals, rising product adoption in medical diagnosis and imaging, and escalating demand for titanium nanomaterials represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Nanotechnology refers to the field of science and engineering that deals with designing, producing, and using structures, devices, and systems by manipulating the shapes and sizes of atoms and molecules at the nanoscale. It involves the study of nanoparticles and devices that find applications across various fields, including chemical, bio-medical, mechanics, and material science. It also encompasses the manufacturing and application of physical, chemical, and biological systems and devices at various scales spanning individual atoms or molecules to around 100 nanometers. At present, nanotechnology finds extensive applications across numerous sectors, such as communication, medicine, transportation, agriculture, energy, materials & manufacturing, consumer products, and households.
Nanotechnology Market Trends:
The surging adoption of nanomaterials in various end use industry verticals, including aerospace, healthcare, electronics, and textiles, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. In addition, there is a rise in the use of nanoscale sensors and communications devices enabled by nanoelectronics to communicate with onboard vehicle systems to assist drivers in maintaining lane positions, avoiding collisions, and adjusting travel routes to avoid congestion. Since these devices and sensors support an enhanced transportation infrastructure, they are gaining immense traction across the globe. In line with this, the growing usage of nanoscale sensors and devices to provide cost-effective continuous monitoring of the structural integrity and performance of bridges, tunnels, railways, parking structures, and pavements is positively influencing the market. Furthermore, the increasing applications of nanotechnology in medical diagnosis, imaging, disease prediction, medicine, personalized therapy, and cancer prevention have catalyzed market growth. Besides this, the surging use of nanotechnology in discovering cancer biomarkers and developing cancer drugs has propelled market growth. Moreover, there has been widespread adoption of titanium nanomaterials across the chemicals, medical, aerospace, petrochemicals, and architectural industries. This can be attributed to their excellent corrosion resistance, high strength-to-weight ratio, mechanical strength, UV radiation resistance, biocompatibility, and ability to obstruct bacterial growth and prevent the formulation of other cell structures. This, coupled with the advent of self-powered nanotech devices, rising government funding and support for research and development (R&D) in the nanotechnology field, and ongoing technological advancements, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global nanotechnology market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
- Nano Devices
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the nanotechnology market based on the type. This includes nanosensor, nano devices, nanomaterials, and others. According to the report, nano devices represented the largest segment.
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Aerospace and Defense
A detailed breakup and analysis of the nanotechnology market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes electronics, energy, chemical manufacturing, aerospace and defense, healthcare, and others. According to the report, healthcare accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for nanotechnology. Some of the factors driving the North America nanotechnology market included the rapid growth in the end use industries, increasing government support and investments for R&D in the field of nanotechnology, rising incidences of cancer across the region, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global nanotechnology market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Advanced Nano Products Co Ltd., Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. (Energy Storage Technology (China) Group Limited), Applied Nanotech Inc. (Nano Magic Inc.), BASF SE, Bruker Corporation, eSpin Technologies Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Kleindiek Nanotechnik GmbH, Nanonics Imaging Ltd, Nanosys Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Nanosensor, Nano Devices, Nanomaterials, Others
||Electronics, Energy, Chemical Manufacturing, Aerospace and Defense, Healthcare, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advanced Nano Products Co Ltd., Altair Nanotechnologies Inc. (Energy Storage Technology (China) Group Limited), Applied Nanotech Inc. (Nano Magic Inc.), BASF SE, Bruker Corporation, eSpin Technologies Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Kleindiek Nanotechnik GmbH, Nanonics Imaging Ltd, Nanosys Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global nanotechnology market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global nanotechnology market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global nanotechnology market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive nanotechnology market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the nanotechnology market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the nanotechnology market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global nanotechnology market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global nanotechnology market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the nanotechnology market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global nanotechnology market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the nanotechnology industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.