Pyrolysis gasoline, also known as Pygas, is a by-product of naphtha cracking during ethylene and propylene production. Pyrolysis gasoline is an easily flammable, colorless liquid with high aromatic contents and represents a mixture of light hydrocarbons. Because of its high number of octane, pygas has a high potential for blending in various end-user products. In addition, pyrolysis gasoline can be used as a component separator for benzene, toluene, and xylene, also called BTX products. This is a component separation additive. Pyrolysis gasoline has the advantage over naphtha of its higher unit value than naphtha. The percentage of benzene, toluene, and xylene for other elements such as styrene and other aromatics is higher in pyrolysis gasoline composition. According to IMARC Group, Oman pyrolysis gasoline market to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Market Breakup by Type:
- Raw Pyrolysis Gasoline
- Hydrogenated Pyrolysis Gasoline
Amongst these, hydrogenated pyrolysis gasoline currently accounts for the largest share.
Market Breakup by Application:
- Benzene Processing
- Aromatics Extraction
- Gasoline Blending
Amongst these, benzene processing represents the leading application and holds majority of the market share.
The report has also examined the competitive landscape of the Oman pyrolysis gasoline market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Oman pyrolysis gasoline market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Oman pyrolysis gasoline market?
- Which are the key product types in the Oman pyrolysis gasoline market?
- What are the major application segments in the Oman pyrolysis gasoline market?
- What has been the prices of pyrolysis gasoline in Oman and how will the prices change in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the Oman pyrolysis gasoline industry and who are the key players?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Oman pyrolysis gasoline industry?
- What is the degree of competition in the Oman pyrolysis gasoline industry?