The global polyethyleneimine market size reached US$ 377.24 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 438.57 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 2.50% during 2023-2028. The growing need for premium apparel, increasing sales of personal care and cosmetic products, and rising construction activities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Polyethyleneimine (PEI), also known as poly-aziridine, is a cationic polymer composed of repeating units of ethyleneimine. It aids in improving the stability and shelf life of several products, including paint, inks, and adhesives. It is used as a flocculant in water treatment to remove suspended particles from water. It is also utilized in toothpaste as an emulsifying agent to help improve the consistency and enhance the ability to clean the teeth and remove plaque. As it has the ability to interact with and bind to negatively charged molecules or particles, PEI finds application in various end use industries across the globe.
Polyethyleneimine Market Trends:
The increasing need for premium apparel represents one of the major factors driving the demand for PEI in the production of surfactants and detergents. Moreover, there is a rise in the use of PEI in the manufacturing of personal care and cosmetic products, such as shampoo, conditioner, body wash, creams, lotions, moisturizers, and face wash. This, coupled with the growing sales of these products via e-commerce channels due to the easy availability and a wider collection of products, is influencing the market positively. In addition, PEI is employed in the pharmaceutical industry as a drug delivery system to improve the solubility and bioavailability of drugs. This, along with the increasing number of individuals with chronic medical conditions, is bolstering the growth of the market. Apart from this, PEI finds application in the automotive industry as a binding agent to improve the stability and adhesion of coatings, such as paints and primers, to metal surfaces. It is also used in the production of polymer electrolyte membranes for fuel cells to develop clean energy sources for vehicles. This, in confluence with the escalating demand for luxury vehicles on account of rapid urbanization and inflating income levels, is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, PEI is used in the construction industry as a corrosion inhibitor to improve the stability and adhesion of various materials, including concrete, mortar, and plaster. This, in confluence with the growing construction activities in residential, commercial, and industrial areas, is creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global polyethyleneimine market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the polyethyleneimine market based on the type. This includes branched and linear. According to the report, branched represented the largest segment.
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Water Treatment Chemicals
- Coatings, Inks and Dyes
A detailed breakup and analysis of the polyethyleneimine market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes adhesives and sealants, detergents, water treatment chemicals, paper, cosmetics, coatings, inks and dyes, and others. According to the report, adhesives and sealants accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for polyethyleneimine. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific polyethyleneimine market included the burgeoning paper and pulp industry, rising attention towards hygiene at home, the growing demand for luxury vehicles, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global polyethyleneimine market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation (FUJIFILM Corporation), Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd., Polysciences Inc., SERVA Electrophoresis GmbH, Shanghai Holdenchem Co. Ltd., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd., Wuhan Bright Chemical Co. Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Adhesives and Sealants, Detergents, Water Treatment Chemicals, Paper, Cosmetics, Coatings, Inks and Dyes, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation (FUJIFILM Corporation), Nippon Shokubai Co. Ltd., Polysciences Inc., SERVA Electrophoresis GmbH, Shanghai Holdenchem Co. Ltd., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd., Wuhan Bright Chemical Co. Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global polyethyleneimine market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global polyethyleneimine market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global polyethyleneimine market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive polyethyleneimine markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the polyethyleneimine market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the polyethyleneimine market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global polyethyleneimine market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global polyethyleneimine market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the polyethyleneimine market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global polyethyleneimine market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the polyethyleneimine industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.