The 7 major postoperative pain markets reached a value of US$ 2,440 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the 7MM to reach US$ 5,248.7 Million by 2033, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.2% during 2023-2033.
Market Size in 2022
US$ 2,440 Million
Market Forecast in 2033
US$ 5,248.7 Million
Market Growth Rate (2023-2033)
The postoperative pain market has been comprehensively analyzed in IMARC’s new report titled “Postoperative Pain Market: Epidemiology, Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2033”. Postoperative pain refers to the pain that a person experiences after a surgical procedure. It can vary in intensity and duration depending on the type and extent of the surgery. There are different types of postoperative pain: acute pain, chronic pain, phantom pain, and incisional pain. Acute pain occurs immediately after surgery and typically lasts for a few days to a couple of weeks. It is usually caused by surgical incisions, tissue trauma, and the healing process. On the other hand, chronic pain can persist for months or even years after surgery, particularly if the surgical procedure was a major one or if the patient had pre-existing chronic pain conditions. Phantom pain can occur after amputation or nerve damage; it is a sensation of pain that is felt in a limb or body part that is no longer present. Incisional pain is felt at the surgical incision site, caused by the incision itself and tissue trauma. Postoperative pain is a normal and expected part of the healing process and can be managed with appropriate pain management strategies and treatments. The treatment typically includes a combination of medication, physical therapy, and relaxation techniques. Medication options include over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen, and prescription pain medication. Narcotics may be prescribed for severe pain. In addition to medication, physical therapy can help to manage pain and improve mobility, while relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing or meditation, can help to reduce stress and tension that can exacerbate pain.
The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, the growing number of surgical procedures, and the rising cases of accidental injuries are primarily driving the global postoperative pain market. In addition to this, the escalating consumer awareness regarding palliative care coupled with the inflating demand for innovative and advanced pain-relaxing medications is further creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the emerging popularity of orally administered drugs on account of their numerous associated benefits, including non-invasiveness, ease of use, self-administration, etc., is also propelling the market growth. Apart from this, several key players are focusing on the development of extended-release non-opioid drugs and abuse-deterrent opioid drugs for post-surgery pain management. This, in turn, is further acting as a significant growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the widespread adoption of non-pharmacological therapies, such as acupuncture, psychological approaches (cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness-based stress reduction), chiropractic manipulation, alternative medicine therapies, etc., is also augmenting the global market. Besides this, the ongoing development of new and innovative products and techniques, including nerve blocks and pumps that deliver pain medication directly to the surgical site, is further bolstering the market growth. Moreover, the increasing investments in R&D activities for high-quality postoperative management solutions due to the escalating demand for effective pain management with minimum side effects are expected to drive the global postoperative pain market in the coming years.
IMARC Group’s new report provides an exhaustive analysis of the postoperative pain market in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan. This includes treatment practices, in-market, and pipeline drugs, share of individual therapies, market performance across the seven major markets, market performance of key companies and their drugs, etc. The report also provides the current and future patient pool across the seven major markets. According to the report the United States has the largest patient pool for postoperative pain and also represents the largest market for its treatment. Furthermore, the current treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, challenges, opportunities, reimbursement scenario and unmet medical needs, etc. have also been provided in the report. This report is a must-read for manufacturers, investors, business strategists, researchers, consultants, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the postoperative pain market in any manner.
Time Period of the Study
- Base Year: 2022
- Historical Period: 2017-2022
- Market Forecast: 2023-2033
- United States
- United Kingdom
Analysis Covered Across Each Country
- Historical, current, and future epidemiology scenario
- Historical, current, and future performance of the postoperative pain market
- Historical, current, and future performance of various therapeutic categories in the market
- Sales of various drugs across the postoperative pain market
- Reimbursement scenario in the market
- In-market and pipeline drugs
This report also provides a detailed analysis of the current postoperative pain marketed drugs and late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Drug overview
- Mechanism of action
- Regulatory status
- Clinical trial results
- Drug uptake and market performance
Late-Stage Pipeline Drugs
- Drug overview
- Mechanism of action
- Regulatory status
- Clinical trial results
- Drug Uptake and Market Performance
|Anjeso (Meloxicam injection)
|Acular (Ketorolac ophthalmic)
|Celecoxib long-acting injectable
||Arthritis Innovation Corporation/MedinCell
*Kindly note that the drugs in the above table only represent a partial list of marketed/pipeline drugs, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- How has the postoperative pain market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the markets shares of various therapeutic segments in 2022 and how are they expected to perform till 2033?
- What was the country-wise size of the postoperative pain market across the seven major markets in 2022 and what will it look like in 2033?
- What is the growth rate of the postoperative pain market across the seven major markets and what will be the expected growth over the next ten years?
- What are the key unmet needs in the market?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of postoperative pain across the seven major markets?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of postoperative pain by age across the seven major markets?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of postoperative pain by gender across the seven major markets?
- What is the number of prevalent cases (2017-2033) of postoperative pain by type across the seven major markets?
- How many patients are diagnosed (2017-2033) with postoperative pain across the seven major markets?
- What is the size of the postoperative pain patient pool (2017-2022) across the seven major markets?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool (2023-2033) across the seven major markets?
- What are the key factors driving the epidemiological trend of postoperative pain?
- What will be the growth rate of patients across the seven major markets?
Postoperative Pain: Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies
- What are the current marketed drugs and what are their market performance?
- What are the key pipeline drugs and how are they expected to perform in the coming years?
- How safe are the current marketed drugs and what are their efficacies?
- How safe are the late-stage pipeline drugs and what are their efficacies?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for postoperative pain drugs across the seven major markets?
- Who are the key companies in the market and what are their market shares?
- What are the key mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities, collaborations, etc. related to the postoperative pain market?
- What are the key regulatory events related to the postoperative pain market?
- What is the structure of clinical trial landscape by status related to the postoperative pain market?
- What is the structure of clinical trial landscape by phase related to the postoperative pain market?
- What is the structure of clinical trial landscape by route of administration related to the postoperative pain market?