The global potting soil and mixes market size reached US$ 2.3 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.0 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.77% during 2023-2028.
Potting soil and mixes comprise a mixture of materials, such as bark, sphagnum moss, perlite, vermiculite, and compost, used to grow plants in containers. They are a soilless blend of ingredients that prevent fungus and other plant pathogens from infecting potted plants. They are light weight and fluffy and provide aeration, improve drainage, and retain moisture. They are highly affordable as potting soil and mixes are made from natural materials compared to gardening soil. They are produced to reduce the compaction of soil, which can impede the flow of water and nutrients. As they assist in improving soil structure and promoting the growth of plants, potting soil and mixes find applications in residential and commercial sectors across the globe.
Potting Soil and Mixes Market Trends:
At present, the growing demand for potting soil and mixes to enhance interior aesthetics and improve greenery in residential areas represents one of the primary factors driving the market. Besides this, the increasing application of soil mats to regulate soil temperatures and decrease weed development is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. In addition, the wide availability of potting soil and mixes through offline and online distribution channels, along with the burgeoning e-commerce industry, is contributing to the growth of the market. Moreover, the rising awareness about the benefits of potting soil and mixes among the masses is offering a positive market outlook. Apart from this, major manufacturers are investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce more sustainable, eco-friendly, and safe products with nutrients and minerals for the soil, which is positively influencing the market. Additionally, the escalating demand for natural potting soil and mixes to practice organic farming in gardens and farms for producing high-quality crops around the world is bolstering the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global potting soil and mixes market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on soil type, application type and sales channel.
Breakup by Soil Type:
- All-Purpose Potting Soil and Mixes
- Seed-Starting Mix
- Organic Mix
- Plant-Specific Mix
Breakup by Application Type:
- Indoor Gardening
- Lawn and Landscape
- Certified Organic Users
Breakup by Sales Channel:
- Offline Sales
- Online Sales
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being ASB Greenworld Inc., Cocogarden, COMPO Group, FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Co., Jiffy Products International B.V., Klasmann-Deilmann Gmbh, Lambert Peat Moss, Michigan Peat Company, Sun Gro Horticulture, The Espoma Company and The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Soil Type, Application Type, Sales Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ASB Greenworld Inc., Cocogarden, COMPO Group, FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Co., Jiffy Products International B.V., Klasmann-Deilmann Gmbh, Lambert Peat Moss, Michigan Peat Company, Sun Gro Horticulture, The Espoma Company and The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global potting soil and mixes market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global potting soil and mixes market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the soil type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sales channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global potting soil and mixes market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the potting soil and mixes market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global potting soil and mixes market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the potting soil and mixes industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.