The global pregnancy detection kits market size reached US$ 1.42 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.07 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.35% during 2023-2028. The increasing demand for self-detecting pregnancy kits, the introduction of advanced product variants, and the rising birth rate represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Pregnancy detection kits are diagnostics devices used for an early indication of pregnancy. They are manufactured using a lateral flow device (LFD) that contains different types of paper engineered with pores of various sizes. They comprise a test strip that consists of a result window, absorbent paper, and sample well and help detect the presence of reproductive hormones, including human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG), in the samples of urine and blood. They are cost-effective, easy to use, reliable, and provide results in a few minutes. Besides this, as they aid in detecting early pregnancy and promote social and emotional well-being, pregnancy detection kits are gaining traction across the globe. At present, product manufacturers are introducing digital pregnancy detection kits with weeks indicator.
Pregnancy Detection Kits Market Trends:
There is an increase in awareness about the availability of pregnancy detection kits. This, couple with the numerous benefits associated with the early detection of the prenatal period, such as focusing on social and emotional well-being, represents one of the major factors strengthening the growth of the market around the world. Moreover, the growing adolescent pregnancy rate, rising birth rate, and the increasing number of unplanned pregnancies are some of the factors influencing the market positively. In addition, the increasing demand for home-based pregnancy detection kits to reduce the number of hospital visits and minimize healthcare expenses is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, key players are focusing on promotional strategies, such as celebrity endorsements, banner and television advertisements and marketing in movie theaters to propel people for using pregnancy detection kits, thereby increasing their overall sales. Furthermore, the expansion of pharmacies across residential areas is propelling the growth of the market. Besides this, there is a rise in the number of online retail platforms that offer pregnancy detection kits at affordable rates and with easy accessibility through the comforts of the home. This, in confluence with significant growth in the pharmaceutical and e-commerce industries, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, rapid urbanization, rising global population, and expanding purchasing power of the consumer are driving the sales of pregnancy detection kits across the globe.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global pregnancy detection kits market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, test type, and end user.
- Home Pregnancy Tests (HPT)
- Digital Devices
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the pregnancy detection kits market based on the product. This includes home pregnancy tests (HPT), digital devices, and others. According to the report, digital devices represented the largest segment.
Test Type Insights:
- Urine Test for HCG
- Blood Test for HCG
A detailed breakup and analysis of the pregnancy detection kits market based on the test type has also been provided. This includes urine test for HCG, blood test for HCG, and others. According to the report, blood test for HCG accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Gynecology Clinics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the pregnancy detection kits market based on the end user has also been provided. This includes household, gynecology clinics and hospitals. According to the report, gynecology clinics accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for pregnancy detection kits. Some of the factors driving the North America pregnancy detection kits market included increased availability of pregnancy detection kits, high government spending on quality healthcare, and an increase in unplanned pregnancies.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global pregnancy detection kits market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Abbott Laboratories, Axis Medicare, bioMérieux SA (INSTITUT MERIEUX), Cardinal Health Inc., Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Germaine Laboratories Inc, Mankind Pharma, Piramal Enterprises, QuidelOrtho Corporation, Swiss Precision Diagnostics GmbH (Procter & Gamble Company), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product, Test Type, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Axis Medicare, bioMérieux SA (INSTITUT MERIEUX), Cardinal Health Inc., Church & Dwight Co. Inc., Germaine Laboratories Inc, Mankind Pharma, Piramal Enterprises, QuidelOrtho Corporation, Swiss Precision Diagnostics GmbH (Procter & Gamble Company), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global pregnancy detection kits market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global pregnancy detection kits market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive pregnancy detection kits markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the test type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global pregnancy detection kits market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global pregnancy detection kits market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the pregnancy detection kits market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global pregnancy detection kits market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the pregnancy detection kits industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.