The global rheology modification coating additives market size reached US$ 11.8 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 16.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.9% during 2023-2028. The escalating demand for eco-friendly and low volatile organic compound (VOC) coatings, considerable growth in construction and infrastructure development activities, and continual technological advancements in the formulation of additives represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Rheology Modification Coating Additives Market Size in 2022
||US$ 11.8 Billion
|Rheology Modification Coating Additives Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 16.7 Billion
|Rheology Modification Coating Additives Market Growth Rate 2023-2028
Rheology modification coating additives are the key ingredients in the formulation of inks, coatings, and paints which provide unique properties to fluid products and allowing formulators to adjust their flow behavior. These additives, including dispersants, thickeners, and rheology modifiers, effectively modify the rheological properties of coatings, thus enhancing flow, leveling, resistance to sagging and running. In addition to this, the inclusion of rheologically modified coating additives in paints results in reduced surface tension, thereby enabling easier application in thinner coats as compared to conventional water-based paints. As a result, they contribute to improved performance and application characteristics in various coating systems. By utilizing these additives, the viscosity and application properties of paint materials can be optimized by painters. Consequently, they find extensive applications in architecture to mitigate unwanted noise from reverberating surfaces and ensure even coating on uneven substrates, such as concrete slabs with surface irregularities.
Rheology Modification Coating Additives Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the escalating demand for eco-friendly and low volatile organic compound (VOC) coatings. This can be attributed to the implementation of regulatory requirements to reduce volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions in coating formulations. In line with this, considerable growth in construction and infrastructure development activities across the globe is providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, continual technological advancements in the formulation of additives with optimized viscosity, compatibility with multiple coating systems, and cost-effectiveness are creating lucrative opportunities in the market. In addition to this, the rapid expansion of the automotive sector, particularly in emerging economies, is propelling the demand for coatings with excellent appearance, corrosion resistance, and durability, which, in turn, is propelling the market. The market is further driven by the augmenting demand for premium wood furniture requiring coatings offering scratch protection and surface finish. Apart from this, the rapid utilization of coatings with thermal insulation and reflective properties on energy-efficient buildings is impacting the market positively. Furthermore, the paradigm shift in consumer preferences towards water-based coatings with suspension of pigments and fillers and viscosity control properties is resulting in a higher product uptake. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization and industrialization, rise in offshore oil exploration activities requiring pipeline protection, inflating disposable income levels, increasing emphasis on sustainable development, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global rheology modification coating additives market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and end user.
- Rheology Modifiers
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the rheology modification coating additives market based on the type. This includes dispersants, thickeners, and rheology modifiers. According to the report, rheology modifiers represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the rheology modification coating additives market based on the end-user has also been provided in the report. This includes construction, automotive, packaging, and others. According to the report, construction accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for rheology modification coating additives. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific rheology modification coating additives market included continual technological advancements, expansion of offshore oil exploration activities, rising popularity of water-based coatings among the masses, enhanced focus on sustainable development, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global rheology modification coating additives market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Arkema S.A, Ashland Inc., BASF SE, Clariant AG, Croda International Plc, Dow Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Evonik Industries AG (RAG-Stiftung), Lawrence Industries, The Lubrizol Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), TRiiSO LLC., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Dispersants, Thickeners, Rheology Modifiers
|End Users Covered
||Construction, Automotive, Packaging, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arkema S.A, Ashland Inc., BASF SE, Clariant AG, Croda International Plc, Dow Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, Evonik Industries AG (RAG-Stiftung), Lawrence Industries, The Lubrizol Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), TRiiSO LLC., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global rheology modification coating additives market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global rheology modification coating additives market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global rheology modification coating additives market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive rheology modification coating additives market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the rheology modification coating additives market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the rheology modification coating additives market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global rheology modification coating additives market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global rheology modification coating additives market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the rheology modification coating additives market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global rheology modification coating additives market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the rheology modification coating additives industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.