The global smart implants market size reached US$ 4.6 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 18.7 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 16.84% during 2024-2032. The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, rising cases of heart failure, and the growing preferences for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 4.6 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 18.7 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Smart implants, also known as bioelectronics or bionic implants, are medical devices designed to be implanted within the body for monitoring vital signs, diagnosing, and treating a medical condition. They use wireless technology to communicate with external devices, such as smartphones or computers. They aid in improving the quality of life for patients with severe medical conditions. They also reduce healthcare costs by providing earlier and more accurate diagnoses and allowing remote monitoring of patients. At present, the rising trend of miniaturization in medical devices across the globe is catalyzing the demand for smart implants to enable less invasive implantation procedures and offer greater patient comfort.
Smart Implants Market Trends:
There is a rise in the prevalence of epilepsy, diabetes, obesity, and Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, and cardiovascular diseases among the masses. This, coupled with the increasing aging population, which is more prone to different medical conditions and significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, represents one of the major factors driving the demand for smart implants around the world. Moreover, the growing cases of heart failure on account of sedentary lifestyles, unhealthy dietary patterns, and high-stress levels among the masses are influencing the market positively. In addition, the rising prevalence of orthopedic diseases, such as arthritis and osteoarthritis, and the expanding number of fatal road accidents and injuries is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, there is an increase in the integration of artificial intelligence (AI), biomedical sensors, 3D printing, and blockchain technology in smart implants to analyze data and make decision about the health of patients like adjusting the dosage of medication or detecting early signs of disease. These advanced technologies also help monitor various physiological parameters, such as heart rate, blood glucose levels and brain activity, and enable secure and tamper proof data storage and sharing. Furthermore, the growing preferences for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) by patients and healthcare professionals on account of their associated benefits are creating a positive market outlook. Besides this, the rising public awareness about the benefits of smart implants and other advancements in medical technology is anticipated to strengthen the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global smart implants market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, material, and end user.
Product Type Insights:
- Orthopedics Smart Implants
- Knee Arthroplasty
- Hip Arthroplasty
- Spine Fusion
- Fracture Fixation
- Cardiovascular Smart Implants
- Pacing Devices
- Structural Cardiac Implants
- Opthalmic Smart Implants
- Intraocular Lens
- Glaucoma Implants
- Dental Smart Implants
- Cosmetic Smart Implants
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the smart implants market based on the product type. This includes orthopedics smart implants (knee arthroplasty, hip arthroplasty, spine fusion, fracture fixation, and others), cardiovascular smart implants (pacing devices, stents, and structural cardiac implants), opthalmic smart implants (intraocular lens and glaucoma implants), dental smart implants, cosmetic smart implants, and others. According to the report, orthopedics smart implants represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the smart implants market based on the material has also been provided in the report. This includes bone cement, metal (cobalt, alloy, and titanium), and others. According to the report, metal represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Orthopedics Clinics
- Opthalmic Clinics
- Dental Labs
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the smart implants market based on the end user. This includes hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, orthopedics clinics, opthalmic clinics, dental labs, and others. According to the report, hospitals represented the largest segment.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America represented the largest segment.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global smart implants market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Abbott Laboratories, Biotronik, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cochlear Limited, CONMED Corporation, Intelligent Implants, IQ Implants USA, Medronic plc, Smart Implant Solutions USA, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Smart Implants Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- End User
|Product Types Covered
- Orthopedics Smart Implants: Knee Arthroplasty, Hip Arthroplasty, Spine Fusion, Fracture Fixation, Others
- Cardiovascular Smart Implants: Pacing Devices, Stents, Structural Cardiac Implants
- Opthalmic Smart Implants: Intraocular Lens, Glaucoma Implants
- Dental Smart Implants
- Cosmetic Smart Implants
- Bone Cement
- Metal: Cobalt, Alloy, Titanium
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Orthopedics Clinics, Opthalmic Clinics, Dental Labs, Others
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Biotronik, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cochlear Limited, CONMED Corporation, Intelligent Implants, IQ Implants USA, Medronic plc, Smart Implant Solutions USA, Stryker Corporation, Zimmer Biomet, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global smart implants market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global smart implants market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global smart implants market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive smart implants markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the smart implants market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the material?
- Which is the most attractive material in the smart implants market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the smart implants market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global smart implants market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global smart implants market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the smart implants market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global smart implants market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the smart implants industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.