Stone paper is known for its strength and durability, and is manufactured from the combination of calcium carbonate and high-density polyethylene (HDPE). It is used in stationery, magazines, books, wallpapers, leaflets, posters, bags, packaging, adhesives, plates, trays, containers, etc. The stone paper is non-toxic, food safe, fire-resistant, re-cyclable, waterproof, complies with FDA standards and produces no air pollution. As a result, it finds numerous applications across various sectors. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Stone Paper Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the global stone paper market reached a value of approximately US$ 12 Billion in 2017.
One of the primary factors catalysing the growth of the global stone paper market is the rising concerns for deforestation that has promoted the use of an alternative paper composition. These environment-friendly initiatives to curtail deforestation have resulted in a positive impact on the market growth. In addition, the market is also influenced by the growth in the packaging and stationery industry, accredited to the expanding need for high-quality and efficient labelling. Moreover, increasing R&D in the manufacturing techniques by using calcium carbonate and other organic compositions acts as another factor facilitating the demand for stone papers. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach nearly US$ 14 Billion by 2023, registering a CAGR of more than 2.6% during 2018-2023.
- Application-wise, paper packaging represents the largest segment. Other major segments include labelling paper, self-adhesive paper and others.
- On a regional front, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East& Africa. Amongst these, Asia Pacific represents the biggest market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Stone Paper Company Ltd., Kapstone Paper, Gaia-Concept BV, Taiwan Lung Meng Technology Co. Ltd, Sòluz Stone Paper S.A., Packaging Corporation and Parax Paper.
This report provides a deep insight into the global stone paper market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the stone paper market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global stone paper market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global stone paper market?
- What are the major application segments in the global stone paper market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global stone paper market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global stone paper market?
- What is the structure of the global stone paper market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global stone paper market?
- How is stone paper manufactured?