The global stored grain insecticide market size reached US$ 260.66 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 341.95 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.54% during 2023-2028. The increasing demand for grains across the globe, an enhanced focus on the reduction of post-harvest losses and the widespread adoption of the pest management solutions are some of the key factors driving the market.
A stored grain insecticide is an agricultural approach that involves the utilization of fumigant and contact pesticides to control and protect various stored grains from pests during the post-harvest period. It includes bio-insecticides, organophosphate, and pyrethroids, which are some of the standard product types. These variants are employed by farmers during the processing, development, and maturation phase of seeds as there are a higher chance that a large number of pests can attain access to crops, resulting in both qualitative and quantitative losses. These insects further lower the value of food grains, their protein content, nutritive values, and germination capacity. As a result, stored grain insecticide is extensively used with different chemical treatments in on-farm and off-farm operations to protect several grains, such as paddy, wheat, millet, barley, dried beans, corn, and cereals, from infestations.
Stored Grain Insecticide Market Trends:
An enhanced focus on reducing post-harvest losses represent one of the key factors driving the market toward growth. Additionally, the rising instances of insect manifestations during the post-harvest stage have facilitated the demand for stored grain insecticides in the agriculture sector, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Such effective insecticides are frequently used by framers as a suitable approach to mitigate the access of pests and insects, including khapra beetle, grain moth, and rice weevil in silos, grain bins, and warehouses, thus resulting in higher sales of warehouse insecticides. In line with this, the escalating need for enhanced insect and pest management solutions, including rodenticide traps, biological control, and heat treatments to avoid grain contamination, is favoring the market growth. Furthermore, the fueling food storage crises concerns amongst farmers have propelled numerous regulatory bodies to implement favorable initiatives and innovate different systems, which, in turn, are contributing to the market growth. This is further supported by the advent of high-tech grain storage silos that can be utilized to eliminate supply chain disruption. Apart from this, significant enhancements in the agricultural sector and the recent mergers and acquisitions (M&A) by key players to produce stored grain insecticides with enhanced efficacy are creating a positive outlook for the market growth. Other factors, such as significant expansion in the agricultural and allied sectors and the consistently increasing demand for grains across the globe, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global stored grain insecticide market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and application.
Product Type Insights:
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the stored grain insecticide market based on the product type. This includes organophosphate, pyrethroids, bio-insecticides and others. According to the report, bio-insecticides represented the largest segment.
- On Farm
- Off Farm
- Export Shipment
A detailed breakup and analysis of the stored grain insecticide market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes on farm, off farm and export shipments. According to the report, on farm accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for stored grain insecticides. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific stored grain insecticide market included the increasing demand for grains across the globe, the rising focus toward the reduction of post-harvest losses and the widespread adoption of the pest management solutions.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global stored grain insecticide market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Bayer AG, Central Life Sciences, Corteva AgriScience, Degesch America Inc., Douglas Products, Hedley Technologies, Nufarm Limited, Syngenta AG, UPL Limited, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Types Covered
||Organophosphate, Pyrethroids, Bio-Insecticides, Others
||On Farm, Off Farm, Export Shipment
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bayer AG, Central Life Sciences, Corteva AgriScience, Degesch America Inc., Douglas Products, Hedley Technologies, Nufarm Limited, Syngenta AG, UPL Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global stored grain insecticide market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global stored grain insecticide market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive stored grain insecticide markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global stored grain insecticide market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the stored grain insecticide market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global stored grain insecticide market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the stored grain insecticide industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and?provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.