The United States home healthcare market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% during 2023-2028. The increasing geriatric population, which has created a substantial need for healthcare solutions, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases resulting in the demand for continuous monitoring and continual technological advancements in telemedicine, remote patient monitoring, and digital healthcare platforms represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Home healthcare refers to a broad spectrum of medical and non-medical services delivered at a patient's residence, designed to treat, manage, and prevent various health conditions. These services encompass skilled nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and other support services such as meal preparation and medication management. The system aims to provide a comfortable and personalized healthcare experience, emphasizing individual needs and preferences. Working in collaboration with primary care physicians, the home healthcare team develops and implements a customized care plan that may include monitoring vital signs, wound care, injections, health assessments, and patient and caregiver education. Utilizing modern technologies and equipment, these professionals ensure accurate treatment and timely intervention if needed. The benefits of home healthcare include comfort and privacy, more efficient use of healthcare resources, potential cost savings, and the encouragement of patient responsibility and empowerment. Additionally, the approach aligns with the contemporary emphasis on patient-centered care, preventive measures, and integrated healthcare, reflecting a holistic perspective on well-being and quality of life.
United States Home Healthcare Market Trends:
The market Iin the United States is primarily driven by the increasing geriatric population, which has created a substantial need for healthcare solutions specifically tailored to the needs of older adults. In line with this, the rising prevalence of chronic diseases leading to the demand for continuous monitoring and treatment are further emphasizing the importance of home healthcare services. Moreover, continual technological advancements in telemedicine, remote patient monitoring, and digital healthcare platforms are enabling more effective and timely care. In addition to this, the growing emphasis on reducing overall healthcare costs is making home healthcare an economically viable option for both patients and healthcare providers. Besides this, an increased societal focus on patient-centric care and the ability to receive medical care in the familiar environment of one's home is strengthening the market. Also, the presence of supportive government policies, reimbursement frameworks, and regulatory compliance is enhancing the sector's growth. The market is further driven by the broadening of healthcare infrastructure to incorporate home-based care models and an overall acceptance of this approach by medical professionals. Apart from this, the integration of preventive healthcare measures, holistic wellness philosophies, and patient education initiatives are shaping market trends. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the expansion of post-operative recovery services within the home, the growing interest in palliative care in comfortable settings, the cultural shift towards maintaining quality of life, and extensive investment in research and development (R&D) activities focusing on innovation within the home healthcare sphere.
United States Home Healthcare Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States home healthcare market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, service and indication.
- Therapeutic Products
- Testing, Screening and Monitoring Products
- Mobility Care Products
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product. This includes therapeutic products, testing, screening and monitoring products, and mobility care products.
- Skilled Nursing
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Unskilled Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Infusion Therapy
- Pregnancy Care
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the service. This includes skilled nursing, rehabilitation therapy, hospice and palliative care, unskilled care, respiratory therapy, infusion therapy, and pregnancy care.
- Respiratory Diseases
- Movement Disorders
- Cardiovascular Diseases and Hypertension
- Wound Care
- Hearing Disorders
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the indication has also been provided in the report. This includes cancer, respiratory diseases, movement disorders, cardiovascular diseases and hypertension, pregnancy, wound care, diabetes, hearing disorders, and others.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Northeast, Midwest, South, West.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
United States Home Healthcare Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Therapeutic Products, Testing, Screening and Monitoring Products, Mobility Care Products
||Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation Therapy, Hospice and Palliative Care, Unskilled Care, Respiratory Therapy, Infusion Therapy, Pregnancy Care
||Cancer, Respiratory Diseases, Movement Disorders, Cardiovascular Diseases and Hypertension, Pregnancy, Wound Care, Diabetes, Hearing Disorders, Others
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States home healthcare market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States home healthcare market?
- What is the breakup of the United States home healthcare market on the basis of product?
- What is the breakup of the United States home healthcare market on the basis of service?
- What is the breakup of the United States home healthcare market on the basis of indication?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the United States home healthcare market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the United States home healthcare market?
- What is the structure of the United States home healthcare market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the United States home healthcare market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the United States home healthcare market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the United States home healthcare market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the United States home healthcare industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.