The United States membrane bioreactor (MBR) market size reached US$ 669 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,167 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.8% during 2023-2028.
A membrane bioreactor (MBR) is an integration of suspended growth bioreactor with perm-selective or semi-permeable membrane processes like microfilter (MF) or ultrafiltration (UF). It is extensively utilized for industrial and municipal wastewater treatment. MBR also ensures that the floating matter is retained and the sediments are separated from the sludge concentration. In the United States, MBR technology is utilized in various water treatment solutions as it offers controlled biomass retention, which improves the effluent quality, offers minimal carbon footprint, and is also effective against pathogens like cryptosporidium and giardia.
The United States membrane bioreactor (MBR) market is primarily driven by the introduction of effluent guidelines by the United States Environmental Protection Agency to treat municipal wastewater and industrial discharges. The extensive investments in research and development (R&D) activities for launching advanced water treatment technologies to reduce deterioration of natural water resources is also propelling the market growth in the region. Additionally, the emergence of innovative product variants, coupled with improved membrane configuration, is escalating the demand for MBRs. Furthermore, a significant increase in wastewater production across the residential, commercial, and industrial complexes is bolstering the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the United States membrane bioreactor (MBR) market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on system configuration, membrane type and application.
Breakup by System Configuration:
Breakup by Membrane Type:
- Hollow Fiber
- Flat Sheet
Breakup by Application:
- Municipal Waste-Water Treatment
- Industrial Waste-Water Treatment
Breakup by Region:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
Scope of the Report
Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- System Configuration
- Membrane Type
|System Configurations Covered
||Submerged, Side Stream
|Membrane Types Covered
||Hollow Fiber, Flat Sheet, Multi-Tubular, Others
| Applications Covered
||Municipal Waste-Water Treatment, Industrial Waste-Water Treatment, Others
||Northeast, Midwest, South, West
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the United States membrane bioreactor (MBR) market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the United States membrane bioreactor (MBR) market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the system configuration?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the membrane type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the United States membrane bioreactor (MBR) market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?