The Vietnam aquaculture market reached a production volume of 3.8 Million Tons in 2017. Vietnam is one of the most suitable places for seafood industry, including both aquaculture and open ocean fishing with its coastline of 3,260 kilometres and an Economic Exclusion Zone of 1 million square kilometres. Currently Vietnam is ranked as the fourth largest producer of sea food from aquaculture behind China, Indonesia and India. Aquaculture systems are diversified according to different geographical and climatic conditions as one moves from the north, through central to the south of Vietnam.
Over the past few years, there has been an increasing consumption of fish in Vietnam. Some of the key factors driving the consumption of fish in Vietnam is their heir high nutritional value, their easiness to digest and the fact that they are more economical compared to other protein sources such as beef or pork. Moreover, consumers in Vietnam prefer fish in their diet as it's easy to cook, widely available, and adds variety to the daily diet. Apart from its large domestic market, Vietnam also represents a major exporter of aquaculture products. In 2017, Vietnam exported aquaculture products worth over US$ 8 Billion, a growth of 18% over 2016. Some of the important seafood products include shrimp, pangasius, tuna and marine fish. Shrimp, currently represents the most important export product, and accounted for around 50% of the total export turnover of the country. Driven by a strong domestic consumption and increasing exports, the Vietnam aquaculture market is further expected to reach a production volume of 5 Million Tons by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of around 4% during 2018-2023.
Market Break up by Product Type
On the basis of product type, the market has been segmented as freshwater fish, crustaceans, mollusks and others. Currently, freshwater fish dominates the market, holding the largest share.
Market Break up by Environment
Based on the environment, the market has been divided as fresh water, brackish water and marine water. Fresh water represents the biggest segment, accounting for the largest market share.
Market Break up by Distribution Channel
Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into traditional retail, specialized retailers, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online retailers and others.
Market Break up by Region
Based on the region, the market has been segmented into northern, central and southern regions.
The report has also examined the competitive landscape of the Vietnam aquaculture market. Some of the major players include:
- Ca Mau Seafood Processing & Service Joint Stock Corporation
- Hung Vuong Corporation
- Minh Phu seafood corporation
- Vinh Hoan corporation
- Quoc Viet seafood
- Dong Nam Seafood
- Phuong Dong Seafood
- Ngoc Sinh seafood
- SOC Trang Seafood Joint Stock Company
- Thuan Hung Fisheries Company Ltd
This report provides a deep insight into the Vietnam aquaculture market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Vietnam aquaculture market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Vietnam aquaculture market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the breakup of the Vietnam aquaculture market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the Vietnam aquaculture market based on the environment?
- What is the breakup of the Vietnam aquaculture market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the Vietnam aquaculture market based on the key regions?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Vietnam aquaculture market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Vietnam aquaculture market?
- What is the structure of Vietnam aquaculture industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Vietnam aquaculture market?