Wheat starch is obtained by removing the proteins from wheat flour and is similar in appearance to corn starch or flour in its processed state. Wheat starch has today become an essential part of the food industry where it is primarily being used as a thickening agent, food additive as well as an active ingredient in many food products. It also finds application as a production component in the textile and paper industry. Not only does it serves as a fat substitute but also works as an emulsifier, stabilizer and a glazing agent. Other uses of wheat starch include - in gel formation, adhesion, binding and moisture retention. According to IMARC Group, the global production of wheat starch grew at a CAGR of 1.4% during 2008-2015.
IMARC’s latest study “Wheat Starch Market – Industry Trends, Manufacturing Process, Plant Setup, Machinery, Raw Materials, Cost and Revenue” provides a detailed insight into the global wheat starch market. The report has segmented the market on the basis of major regions. Europe represents the biggest producer of wheat starch accounting for the majority of the total global production. The report has also analysed some of the key players operating in this market which include Tate and Lyle, Roquette Freres, Cargill Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, Tereos Syral, Crespel & Deiters, Jackering and Kroner Starke.
The report provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a wheat starch processing plant. The study covers all the requisite aspects of the wheat starch industry and provides an in-depth analysis of the market, industry performance, processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists and all those who are planning to foray into the wheat starch industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report?
- What are the key success and risk factors in the wheat starch industry?
- How has the wheat starch market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the wheat starch industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a wheat starch plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a wheat starch plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a wheat starch plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a wheat starch plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a wheat starch plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a wheat starch plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a wheat starch plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a wheat starch plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a wheat starch plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of various wheat starch products?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a wheat starch plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?