The global aeroengine composites market size reached US$ 2.48 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 5.21 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 13.30% during 2023-2028. The burgeoning aviation industry, rising air passenger traffic, and technological advancements in aircraft represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Aeroengine composites are less corrosive, lighter-weight, and less susceptible to fatigue failure as compared to traditionally used aluminum. They improve fuel efficiency and the ability to accommodate more cargo, which assists in lowering overall operational costs. They offer a high strength-to-weight ratio that decreases the weight of an aircraft while improving crash safety. They provide enhanced dimensional stability to maintain their shape in hot, cold, wet, or dry weather. At present, there is a rise in the demand for aeroengine composites as they offer high durability, improved chemical resistance, enhanced impact strength, and design flexibility.
Aeroengine Composites Market Trends:
The increasing demand for aeroengine composites to manufacture advanced engines with high precision, production yields, and operational durability and repairability represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. In addition, there is a rise in the demand for aeroengine composite engineering design and manufacturing solution that supports the end-to-end design of load-bearing composite components, assess in-service performance, and develop restoration processes. This, along with the thriving aviation industry across the globe, is strengthening the growth of the market. Besides this, the growing demand for aeroengine composites due to high fuel efficiency, thrust, thermal stability, and performance is positively influencing the market. Moreover, key manufacturers are introducing narrowbody aircraft with 3D woven carbon fiber composite fan blades and fan cases. They are also focusing on utilizing ceramic matrix composites (CMC) to build the turbine shrouds of the engine. Apart from this, governing agencies of several countries are implementing stringent regulations to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution. They are also undertaking several measures to increase fuel economy, which is propelling the growth of the market. Additionally, there is an increase in the demand for operational engines with higher fuel efficiency and lower operating expenses on account of the growing number of commercial flights across the globe. This, coupled with technological advancements in the aviation industry to enhance weather resistance and control responsiveness of the engine and airframe systems, is bolstering the growth of the market. Other growth-inducing factors are high defense expenditure, rising air passenger traffic, and the growing number of airports worldwide.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global aeroengine composites market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, composite type, and application.
- Fan Blades
- Fan Case
- Guide Vanes
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the aeroengine composites market based on the component. This includes fan blades, fan case, guide vanes, shrouds, and others. According to the report, fan blades represented the largest segment.
Composite Type Insights:
- Polymer Matrix Composites
- Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Metal Matrix Composites
A detailed breakup and analysis of the aeroengine composites market based on the composite type has also been provided in the report. This includes polymer matrix composites, ceramic matrix composites, and metal matrix composites. According to the report, polymer matrix composites represented the largest segment.
- Commercial Aircraft
- Military Aircraft
- General Aviation Aircraft
A detailed breakup and analysis of the aeroengine composites market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes commercial aircraft, military aircraft, and general aviation aircraft. According to the report, commercial aircraft represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for aeroengine composites. Some of the factors driving the North America aeroengine composites market included rising need for fuel-efficient aircraft, increasing investments in aerospace and defense, and the growing preference for lightweight materials in aircraft manufacturing.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global aeroengine composites market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies include Albany International Corp., GKN Aerospace Services Limited, Hexcel Corporation, Meggitt Plc (Parker Hannifin Corporation), Rolls-Royce Plc, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Fan Blades, Fan Case, Guide Vanes, Shrouds, Others
|Composite Types Covered
||Polymer Matrix Composites, Ceramic Matrix Composites, Metal Matrix Composites
||Commercial Aircraft, Military Aircraft, General Aviation Aircraft
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Albany International Corp., GKN Aerospace Services Limited, Hexcel Corporation, Meggitt Plc (Parker Hannifin Corporation), Rolls-Royce Plc, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global aeroengine composites market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global aeroengine composites market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global aeroengine composites market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive aeroengine composites markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- Which is the most attractive component in the aeroengine composites market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the composite type?
- Which is the most attractive composite type in the aeroengine composites market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the aeroengine composites market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global aeroengine composites market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global aeroengine composites market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the aeroengine composites market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global aeroengine composites market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the aeroengine composites industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.