The global anti-viral fabric market size reached US$ 272.4 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 627.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 15.00% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of chronic and infectious diseases, rising awareness among the masses regarding the importance of maintaining proper hygiene, and continual technological advancements in fabric manufacturing, represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Anti-Viral Fabric Market Size in 2022
||US$ 272.4 Billion
|Anti-Viral Fabric Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 627.1 Billion
|Anti-Viral Fabric Market Growth Rate 2023-2028
Anti-viral fabric refers to the specialty fabric that has been specifically designed and treated to resist or inactivate viruses as well as provide an additional layer of protection against viral infections. Polyester, thermoplastic combinations, vinyl, and acrylics are the materials that are commonly used to manufacture anti-microbial fabrics resistant to bacteria, mold, and mildew. These fabrics can mitigate the spread and reproduction of viruses by killing and reducing their attachment, making them highly effective in reducing the risk of cross-infection and re-infection. They are particularly useful in situations where individuals are in close proximity to others, such as in public transportation or healthcare settings. The most common mechanisms by which anti-viral fabric works include- physical barrier, where the fiber physically blocks viruses from passing through the fabric, and chemical treatments that inactivate viruses on contact with chemically treated fabric. Anti-viral fabrics are an affordable way to increase protection against viral infections compared to other methods, such as expensive medical treatments or vaccines.
Anti-Viral Fabric Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising awareness among the masses regarding the importance of maintaining proper hygiene and precautions. This can be attributed to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic due to a highly contagious coronavirus. In line with this, the increasing prevalence of numerous chronic infectious diseases and illnesses is resulting in an augmented demand for anti-viral fabrics. Continual technological advancements in fabric manufacturing, such as advances in material science and nanotechnology, are also providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, considerable rise in healthcare spending is leading to a growing demand for products that can help prevent the spread of infections in healthcare facilities and protect healthcare workers. The market is further fueled by the rapid product utilization in the aviation industry to prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria on airplanes and in airports. Apart from this, the rising adoption of anti-viral fabrics in the hospitality industry for maintaining a clean and hygienic environment is also acting as a significant growth-inducing factor for the market. Furthermore, the implementation of stringent regulations by the government of several countries mandating the use of anti-viral fabrics in numerous end-use industries is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the growing geriatric population that is susceptible to infectious diseases, emergence of innovative fabrics that coated with antimicrobial agents, considerable growth in the babycare industry, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global anti-viral fabric market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type and application.
Product Type Insights:
- Face Masks
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Bed Linen and Spreads
- Bath/Toilet Linen
- Kitchen Linen
- Flooring Linen
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the anti-viral fabric market based on the product type. This includes face masks, personal protective equipment (PPE), bed linen and spreads, bath/toilet linen, kitchen linen, upholstery, and flooring linen. According to the report, face masks represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the anti-viral fabric market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes medical, home, and others.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for anti-viral fabric. Some of the factors driving the North America anti-viral fabric market included continual technological advancements in fabric manufacturing, high healthcare expenditure, the growing prevalence of numerous chronic infectious diseases, increasing health awareness, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global anti-viral fabric market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited, Bedgear, D’Décor Home Fabrics Pvt. Ltd, HealthGuard Corporation Pty. Ltd., HeiQ Materials AG, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Types Covered
||Face Masks, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Bed Linen and Spreads, Bath/Toilet Linen, Kitchen Linen, Upholstery, Flooring Linen
||Medical, Home, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited, Bedgear, D’Décor Home Fabrics Pvt. Ltd, HealthGuard Corporation Pty. Ltd., HeiQ Materials AG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global anti-viral fabric market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global anti-viral fabric market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global anti-viral fabric market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive anti-viral fabric market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the anti-viral fabric market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the anti-viral fabric market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global anti-viral fabric market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global anti-viral fabric market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the anti-viral fabric market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global anti-viral fabric market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the anti-viral fabric industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.