The global automation testing market size reached US$ 28.1 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 112.1 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 16.5% during 2024-2032. The escalating demand for faster and more efficient testing to reduce time-to-market, growing adoption of agile and DevOps methodologies in the production of new and more flexible software, and the rising need to reduce human errors in software testing represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 28.1 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 112.1 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Automation testing is a method of performing testing tasks using software tools, which minimizes the amount of time and effort required for testing. Testing software applications with automated tools involves executing test cases and verifying their functionality and performance. In order to automate repetitive and time-consuming testing tasks, test scripts are created to allow testers to focus more on complicated and critical aspects of the software application. Automated tests can cover a wide range of testing, from unit to functional to regression testing, and can be run multiple times, thereby increasing efficiency, speed, and accuracy. By integrating it into CI/CD pipelines, it enables more frequent and faster releases while supporting continuous testing. Among the various advantages of automation testing are reduced cost and effort, elimination of human error, faster and more frequent releases of test cycles encompassing more scenarios and edge cases, which allow early detection of defects and better insights into application performance.
Automation Testing Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the escalating demand for faster and more efficient testing to speed up the software development process and reduce time-to-market. This can be attributed to a considerable rise in the need for faster software delivery in numerous end-use applications. In line with this, the growing adoption of agile and DevOps methodologies in the production of new and more flexible software is creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. Moreover, the increasing complexity of software applications requiring rigorous and continual test cycles are providing an impetus to the market growth. Besides this, the rising need to reduce human errors made via manual testing, efficient detection and resolution of defects, and to minimize operation costs is also resulting in a higher uptake of automation testing. The market is further fueled by the expanding usage of cloud-based testing services for facilitating faster and more scalable testing services. With the growing penetration of high speed internet and the escalating usage of use of smart devices among the masses, there is an augmenting demand for mobile and web-based applications, which, in turn, is propelling the market. Furthermore, the proliferation of the internet of things (IoT) and integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to enable more intelligent testing is creating a positive market outlook. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid digitization, inflating disposable income levels, the growing need for better collaboration and communication among teams, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global automation testing market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on component, endpoint interface, enterprise size, and end user.
- Testing Solutions
- Functional Testing
- API Testing
- Security Testing
- Compliance Testing
- Usability Testing
- Professional Services
- Managed Service
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automation testing market based on the component. This includes testing solutions (functional, API, security, compliance, usability, and other testing) and services (professional and managed services). According to the report, services represented the largest segment.
Endpoint Interface Insights:
- Embedded Software
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automation testing market based on the endpoint interface. This includes web, mobile, desktop, and embedded software. According to the report, mobile represented the largest segment.
Enterprise Size Insights:
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automation testing market based on the enterprise size. This includes small and medium-sized enterprises and large enterprises. According to the report, large enterprises represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- IT and Telecommunication
- Transportation and Logistics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the automation testing market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes IT and telecommunication, BFSI, healthcare, retail, transportation and logistics, and others.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for automation testing. Some of the factors driving the North America automation testing market included rapid digitization, increasing complexity of software applications requiring rigorous and continual test cycles, growing adoption of agile and DevOps methodologies, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global automation testing market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Accenture plc, Broadcom Inc., Capgemini SE, Cigniti Technologies, International Business Machines Corporation, Keysight Technologies Inc, Micro Focus Inc, Parasoft, Ranorex Gmbh, Sauce Labs Inc., SmartBear Software Inc, Tricentis USA Corp., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Endpoint Interface
- Enterprise Size
- End User
- Testing Solutions: Functional Testing, API Testing, Security Testing, Compliance Testing, Usability Testing, Others
- Services: Professional Services, Managed Service
|Endpoint Interfaces Covered
||Web, Mobile, Desktop, Embedded Software
|Enterprise Sizes Covered
||Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, Large Enterprises
|End Users Covered
||IT and Telecommunication, BFSI, Healthcare, Retail, Transportation and Logistics, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Accenture plc, Broadcom Inc., Capgemini SE, Cigniti Technologies, International Business Machines Corporation, Keysight Technologies Inc, Micro Focus Inc, Parasoft, Ranorex Gmbh, Sauce Labs Inc., SmartBear Software Inc, Tricentis USA Corp., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global automation testing market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global automation testing market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global automation testing market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive automation testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- Which is the most attractive component in the automation testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the endpoint interface?
- Which is the most attractive endpoint interface in the automation testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the enterprise size?
- Which is the most attractive enterprise size in the automation testing market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the automation testing market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global automation testing market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global automation testing market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the automation testing market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global automation testing market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the automation testing industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.