The global baby oil market size reached US$ 6.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 9.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% during 2023-2028. The increasing parental concerns, the introduction of herbal and organic product variants, and rising expenditure capacities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Baby oil is a clear, moisturizing liquid used to soothe and smooth delicate baby skin. It is made up of mineral oil containing a non-comedogenic ingredient that creates a barrier for the skin to lock-in moisture. It is commonly available in mustard, almond, tea tree and olive oil variants. Baby oil is mainly used for massaging the hair and body of babies as it assists in improving baby skin externally and internally. It also helps plump and smooth the skin by sealing in moisture all over the body to help treat diaper rash. Baby oil offers various advantages, such as strengthening the baby’s bones and muscles and improving digestion, sleep, skin texture, and hair growth.
Baby Oil Market Trends:
The increasing parental concerns for the well-being of babies across the globe is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Regular massage with baby oil keeps the child's skin delicate, smooth, and supple and prevents the skin from outer harm by making a defensive shield around baby's body. This has resulted in the widespread product adoption, which, in turn, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of herbal and organic product variants manufactured using natural coconut oil and other herbal ingredients that helps in improving blood circulation in the body is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product adoption for massaging the hair of babies to stimulate the production of the feel-good hormone oxytocin, that aids in relaxing them, is facilitating the market growth. Along with this, the launch of vegan and hypoallergenic-friendly oils that help soothe the symptoms of an allergy and are also available in various fragrances is positively influencing the market growth. The market is also driven by the enhanced focus on baby hygiene among individuals and an overall increase in the demand for baby care products. Other factors, including the rising expenditure capacities of consumers, the easy product availability across e-commerce platforms, and increasing promotional activities, such as advertisement on social media platforms and celebrity endorsements, to expand the market reach, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global baby oil market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, nature, application, and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
- Mustard Oil
- Olive Oil
- Almond Oil
- Tea Tree Oil
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the baby oil market based on the product type. This includes mustard, olive, almond, tea tree oil, and others. According to the report, almond oil represented the largest segment.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the baby oil market based on nature. This includes organic and synthetic. According to the report, organic represented the largest segment.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the baby oil market based on the application. This includes hair and body use. According to the report, body use represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the baby oil market based on the distribution channel. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience, specialty, and online stores. According to the report, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for baby oil. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific baby oil market included rising consumer expenditure capacities, various product innovations, and the easy product availability across e-commerce platforms.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global baby oil market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Artsana S.p.A, Burt's Bees Inc. (The Clorox Company), California Baby, Dabur Ltd., Farlin-Global, Himalaya Wellness Company, Johnson & Johnson, Laboratoires Expanscience, Pigeon Corporation, Sebapharma GmbH & Co. KG, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Type Covered
||Mustard Oil, Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Others
||Hair Use, Body Use
|Distribution Channel Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Specialty Stores, Online Stores
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Artsana S.p.A, Burt's Bees Inc. (The Clorox Company), California Baby, Dabur Ltd., Farlin-Global, Himalaya Wellness Company, Johnson & Johnson, Laboratoires Expanscience, Pigeon Corporation, Sebapharma GmbH & Co. KG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global baby oil market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global baby oil market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive baby oil markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on nature?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the competitive structure of the global baby oil market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global baby oil market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the baby oil market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global baby oil market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the baby oil industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.