The global consumer book publishing market size reached US$ 69.4 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 75.5 Billion by 2032. The increasing traction of reading, rising number of self-publishing platforms, and the integration of advanced technologies represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 69.4 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 75.5 Billion
Consumer book publishing is the process of producing and distributing books that are intended for the public. It comprises various steps, including idea generation, writing, editing, designing, layout, printing, and distribution. It offers economic benefits to authors, publishers, and others involved in the process. At present, several consumer book publishers are offering digital subscriptions that allow users to access a variety of e-books and digital copies of paper books. Besides this, the emerging trend of audiobooks among listeners, as these books are convenient and accessible and can be heard on various devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and speakers, which is catalyzing the demand for consumer book publishing across the globe.
Consumer Book Publishing Market Trends:
The increasing number of libraries and the rising traction of reading among the masses represent one of the major factors driving the demand for consumer books around the world. Moreover, the growing adoption of electronic reading devices, like e-readers that provide free e-books, involving fiction, classics, and reference texts to enhance the reading experience of the reader, is influencing the market positively. In addition, the increasing number of self-publishing platforms that help authors publish and distribute their books is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, key players operating worldwide are introducing print-on-demand technology that enables books to be printed and shipped to customers instantly. Furthermore, there is an increase in the integration of artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and 3D printing technology in consumer book publishing to improve the efficiency of the process. These advanced technologies enable publishers to store and access digital files remotely and make it easier to collaborate and share files with team members and partners. They are also used to create an immersive reading experience for consumers by creating interactive book covers that can be scanned through smartphones. This, coupled with the incorporation of digital asset management (DAM) systems and content management systems (CMS) to store, organize, and manage multiple digital files that are involved in the process, such as text files, images, audio, and video, is creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global consumer book publishing market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on type, distribution channel, and end user.
- Print Book Publishing
- Digital Book Publishing
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the consumer book publishing market based on the type. This includes print book publishing and digital book publishing. According to the report, print book publishing represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the consumer book publishing market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes online and offline. According to the report, online accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the consumer book publishing market based on the end user. This includes children and adults. According to the report, adult represented the largest segment.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for consumer book publishing. Some of the factors driving the North America consumer book publishing market included the increasing literacy rate, advent of print-on-demand technology, rising adoption of electronic reading devices, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global consumer book publishing market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Bonnier AB, China Publishing Group Co. Ltd., Hachette Book Group (Hachette Livre), HarperCollins Publishers LLC (News Corp), Informa plc, Kadokawa Future Publishing (Kadokawa Corporation), Kodansha Ltd., Penguin Random House LLC (Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA), Phoenix Publishing House, Planeta, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Print Book Publishing, Digital Book Publishing
|Distribution Channel Covered
|End User Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bonnier AB, China Publishing Group Co. Ltd., Hachette Book Group (Hachette Livre), HarperCollins Publishers LLC (News Corp), Informa plc, Kadokawa Future Publishing (Kadokawa Corporation), Kodansha Ltd., Penguin Random House LLC (Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA), Phoenix Publishing House, Planeta, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global consumer book publishing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global consumer book publishing market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive consumer book publishing markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global consumer book publishing market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global consumer book publishing market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the consumer book publishing market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global consumer book publishing market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the consumer book publishing industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.